back to article Vomit virus drives punters to NHS Choices over Christmas

The Department of Health (DoH) has reported a 56 per cent increase in the number of people using NHS Choices in October to December 2011 compared to the same period last year. According to the DoH, the health information website hosted 368,000 visits, 133,000 more visits a day than 2010. During the Christmas period concerns …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Silverburn
    Unhappy

More site visitors...

...because the chances of getting an actual doctors appointment at short notice for a professional diagnosis is close to fuck all?

1. The Jase

".because the chances of getting an actual doctors appointment at short notice for a professional diagnosis is close to fuck all?"

Considering the only way to be 100% sure is a stool sample, and odds are you'll be better by the time thats done, and its a virus, not much you can do except ride it out... yes.

2. The Jase

I had this on New Year's eve. Not good...

The NHS site was helpful in getting info.

3. Adrian Challinor
    IT Angle

As predicted by my butcher

When picking up my meat for Christmas, my butcher, the ever helpful John Charles of Blackheath, predicted a spate of post Christmas vomiting.

Normally around Christmas we have very cold weather. People picking up the turkey can safely leave it in their garage, boot of car, etc, because it is suitably cold. Last year, this was colder than most fridges. This year, because it was so warm, this was not wise and it should have been stored in a fridge. However, few people have room in their fridge for a 20lb turkey.

He predicted that people would get sick because of this.

4. Neil Gardner
    Devil

Lots of useful information, essentially recycled blurb from their pharmaceutical friends about why you need a Flu jab. Free information is usually propaganda.

5. Colin Millar
    Pint

Not a prediction

"There will be an increased level of vomiting during the christmas/new year period"

It's almost a truism

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like