back to article Saudi hackers plaster 14,000 credit card privates on web

A Saudi Arabian hacking group claims it has leaked information on up to 400,000 Israelis, including names, addresses and credit card details. The data dump follows a reported attack on Israeli websites and has already led to fraudulent use of the sensitive info. Credit card biz Isracard said it had issued 6,600 of the 14,000 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Meh

What comes around ...

...goes around.

Just before Christmas some joker got hold of my credit card and tried to "donate" $1000 to the IDF ... luckily the CC company caught it and stopped both the card and the transaction.

2. NFFC
    FAIL

Version 1.0, you can no more donate to the IDF than you can British Army. Ergo, you're lying. Go elsewhere with your weak political trolling.

1. Reality Dysfunction
      Stop

Its the Friends of the IDF that are the charity that you donate to (or have your card scalped to)

accounts:

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3734

http://www.fidf.org/

FIDF initiates and helps support educational, social, cultural, and recreational programs & facilities for the young men and women soldiers of Israel who defend the Jewish homeland.

They send them nice gift vouchers and Barbara Streisand

2. Drew V.

It is possible to donate to organisations that support the IDF, e.g. "Friends of the Israeli Defense Forces" ( https://www.fidf.org ). This organisation appears to be based in America.

I immediately assumed that this is the sort of thing that the original poster meant.

3. Version 1.0 Silver badge
      Holmes

@NFFC

LOL - you think I give a damn about those idiots on either side? Political Trolling ... ROTFLMAO!

Out of the blue I get a call from my credit card company asking if I've made a donation to the IDF because their fraud detection system had flagged the transaction as "unusual" ... it took me a while before I even figured out who the IDF was but I knew what my last charge was and it wasn't that ... or the three charges for 20 to 50 cents to various other parties while the hackers checked that the card worked.

BTW - I like your logic - you should try it yourself sometime.

3. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Pirate

We must be imagining this!

Self-styled "Presidential Material" out of Amurrica keeps insisting that "there is no Palestine", so doxing Israeli credit cards must be as material as doxing credit cards from Hobbitburg, right?

4. dogged

"largest Wahhabi hacker group of Saudi Arabia".

s/largest/only/

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

' said that much of the data is either "incorrect or invalid" '

Oh well, that's alright then! No need to worry about security or making sure this sort of cock-up doesn't happen again. "Sorry the data's a bit ropey so no real damage done!".

Stop making excuses and ensure hard working people, who supply you business with capital to invest, are better looked after!

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Facepalm

RE: AC Anon

"......Stop making excuses and ensure hard working people, who supply you business with capital to invest, are better looked after!" The credit card issuer was not at fault, the details were lifted from a commercial sports website, www.one.co.il. I suggest you point your faux ire at the right target.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The only good hacker is dead or in prison

Shoot these hackers or hang them by their thumbs for a year.

7. Jeebus

Liar.

Impossible Version 1.0. Liar, and idiot troll.

1. Version 1.0 Silver badge
      Coat

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice.

You've lost me with that comment, are you suggesting that there are no Israeli hackers?

I think a better tack would be to suggest that the "donation" was really done by the Saudi hackers, know that it would get caught, in an attempt to finger the Israelis for the action and deflect attention from their own dastardly misdeeds and possibly raise the red herring that it wasn't Saudi hackers after all. That give me a nice "conspiracy" tingly all over - now where's my tin hat?

Kids these days - they have no imagination.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like