back to article UK space agency to boldly send techies ... behind a desk

The UK space agency has launched a 'jobs feed' on its website to keep Brits up to date with all the career opportunities relating to exploration above and beyond Earth's skies. Of course, the jobs won't actually be in space since the UK boffinry agency doesn't at the moment contribute astronauts for manned missions - this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Happy

Reaction Engines might be hiring as well.

Provided their pre-cooler tests go off OK and roughly £200m gets released.

2. Billa Bong
    Meh

Jobs for the UK! In the Netherlands!

Ok, I only clicked on 4 posts on the top 10, but they were all based in the Netherlands. Maybe it would be useful to include a "filter by location" for this - or at least state that the *UK* Space Agency are pushing jobs not in the UK...

Gave up looking. If you space bods want me, come find me. At the pub. [Tips hat to the PARIS crew.]

3. grip

100000 jobs in 20 years?

Is the UK doing away with satellites and relying on 100,000 ground messengers?

4. David Hicks
    Boffin

Yes but how much do they pay?

"A2/A4 grade band of the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale." is less than useful information to me.

1. David Neil

Let me google that for you

http://www.eusc.europa.eu/images/stories/grill_de_salaire_spain.pdf

Although if you're too lazy to do that you may not be a good candidate...

2. Tascam Holiday

ESA pay scales

ESA pay scales here:

http://www.esa.int/esaMI/Careers_at_ESA/SEMYLZFTFQG_0.html

I used to be a contractor for ESA, their facility in the Netherlands is a fantastic place to work.

3. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

@David Hicks

A4? Sounds like the UK Space Agency is so shambolic that they don't even pay you with paper money--just the paper!!

The UK Space Agency--because somebody has to be 31st in the space race!! :)

5. Pete 2 Silver badge

Sounds good in theory

"Oh yes, I work in the Space Industry"

"Ohhhh, so you're a rocket scientist"

"yes, ma'am <fingers crossed>, though my job title is Optical Payload Lab and Clean-room Technician"

and when you look at the j/d itself, you find the post is for a deputy cleaner:

> A general assistant is required to maintain the various Clean Rooms and laboratories to the required class and cleanliness...

6. John I'm only dancing

LOHAN

How many jobs will it create for the UK Space Agency?

7. Christoph

More opportunities

As well as support staff for the British Space Program, there are also vacancies for support staff for the Swiss Navy.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Sounds good in theory

LOL!

Even funnier would be...

"Oh yes I'm a cleaner."

"So you're not a rocket scientist?"

"No ma'am <fingers crossed>, though my job title is Optical Payload Lab and Clean-room Technician"

"So how come you can afford three kids at the capital's international school? It's just that we at the tax department we're wondering how you could afford it on your registered salary of 8 grand a year."

"Er, can I get back to you? <From my home country, via an in country accountant, because I'm about to ring my wife with the secret code word, and pick her and my children up from the school gates, and leave the country immediately, and you're going to surround the company next Tuesday, and not let anyone out until they've identified themselves in the company phonebook, and the CEO's going to jail.>"

Not that that's ever happened, but it would be even funnier if it had.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like