back to article HP teases next Ultrabook launch

Intel hopes 2012 will be dubbed 'the year of the Ultrabook', and its old pal HP has wasted no time in pitching its own überslim laptop offering. The company is preparing to launch the Envy Spectre, its second model to join the Ultrabook line-up, after the Folio 13 was revealed last November. While details on the forthcoming …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's missing something

The video should announce it simply as "yet another nasty, plastic, underspecified Air rip-off" and get that over with before people get themselves too worked up.

1. Piro Silver badge

Pretty much

Who really wants a premium product with Intel HD 3000 graphics?

1. ZiggyZiggy
        Coffee/keyboard

me me me me me me me me me

...oh sorry, I got all worked up about it and spoilt my keyboard

2. HMB

Ultrabooks, A Pointless Premium

Having got a lovely Dell Studio less than a year old from eBay for £300, an HP Touchpad for £200, what I really need in my life is a laptop that's thin and light but too awkward to use like a tablet, yet offering no real advantage over my existing laptop.

I hope it's at least twice the price of both my other gadgets combined too!

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Boffin

RE: Ultrabooks, A Pointless Premium

Agreed. Often, staying just one step behind the cutting edge allows you to enjoy still excellent products at a much reduced price. In my experience, the majority of "must-have-the-latest-and-greatest" premium laptop users (unless they are gamers) will not use even half the capabilities of their products.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like