back to article School-dodging Mexican lad glues self to bed

A ten-year-old Monterrey lad who didn't much fancy the return to school following the Xmas hols simply attached himself to his bed with "industrial strength shoe glue", local paper Reforma reports. Diego Palacios explained: "I thought if I was glued to the bed, they couldn't make me go to school. I didn't want to go, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard Rae
    Coat

There's a moral in there somewhere.

yeah, don't be stupid enough to glue yourself to far from the bar!!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Yuk!

"...while unable to get to the bar for essential refreshment..."

Or the toilet, presumably. Nice.

3. Rick
    Happy

glue + hand + pint = good times

would it be possible to just go ahead and glue a cold pint to my hand and call it a day?

4. Pete Mallam
    Thumb Up

ROFL

Much needed relief on a dreary day in the office.

5. Joel
    Coat

What's hard about that?

I would have thought that Reg hacks would have been well used to one-handed typing....

6. One-armed Freddy

Misread title

I thought he glued his lad to the bed. That would be better.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

amateur hand gluer

"The old "glue yourself to something" trick is not, of course, new. One Reg hack once legendarily attempted to avoid a post- (very robust) lunch return to the office by glueing his non-pint hand to the pub radiator.

Sadly, the establishment was in range of the Vulture Central Wi-Fi network, and once a laptop had been dispatched, the poor bloke was faced with the prospect of the whole afternoon typing one-handed while unable to get to the bar for essential refreshment. There's a moral in there somewhere."

Surely anyone with any sense would glue the non-pint hand to the bar. Hope it was in the summer or he could have got a nasty burn. Then again some places have the heating going all the time.

Obviously there is a slight technical problem with glueing yourself to anything, going to the toilet.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Consequences

1. Leave the child where it is.

2. Remove its telly, books, electronic gaming and communication devices.

3. Leave until bored.

4. Arrange for release.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@reg hack

I bet he instead spent the afternoon surfing "one-handed websites", rather than doing any actual work

10. Mountford D

Check your chair!

Just heard my boss muttering something like "glue - chair - now the lazy bastards can't go home".

11. Joel Osborn
    Stop

The left the telivision on?

What kind of parent would have rewarded that behavior be leaving the television on?

I would have switched it off (as mentioned by Anonymous Coward above) or switched to C--SPAN or some such.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Well …

I broke my foot to get out of PE. It worked a treat!

13. Ben Cross
    Thumb Up

RE: They left the telivision on?

@ Joel Osborn - a parent who obviously doesn't think it's that big of an issue.

14. Bob
    Coat

well...

I've heard of suffering from a sticky mattress...

15. Tony
    Go

I'm with Consequences

I would add

2.5- Feed him caffeinated sodas and chocolate Ex-Lax and let him stew in his own juices for awhile.

16. Peter Ingram
    Go

The Hack didn't glue himself to the radiator...

...there is too much of a BOFH feel to this.

17. J
    Dead Vulture

If...

If he was a Nordic god, someone else would glue him to the floor, against his will. But then again he would free himself, if only with much hammer damage to the place...

Vulture because that's the closest to an eagle.

18. Morely Dotes
    Thumb Up

Re: "There's a moral in there somewhere."

Too bloody right! The moral is, go far enough from the office that it's too much trouble to send someone after you, and plan in advance - you're not "taking a long lunch," you're "doing field research."

How's the pub brew in Scotland? Does anyone at El Reg know? Who's going to find out?

19. kain preacher

fox news

I said you should of mad him watch 3 days of fox news

20. mh.

Teaching him a lesson

Have to say I like the idea of the kid's mother tuning the TV to the Mexican equivalent of BBC Parliament and leaving the remote just out of reach. If he's going to skip school he may as well learn something in the mean time. Either that or put one of the home shopping channels on.

21. John Angelico
    Coat

Clearly this is the Calpurnia strategy...

[Flavius Maximus] Mrs Caesar? Can you tell us anything about your husband's death?

[Calpurnia] I told him! I told him 'Julie don't go!!'

Yes, the Driza-Bone, please, and the battered Akubra

22. Hein Kruger
    Thumb Down

@Tony

"2.5- Feed him caffeinated sodas and chocolate Ex-Lax and let him stew in his own juices for awhile."

but who's going to clean up the mess?

23. Name
    Flame

Supeman that loco!

HE SUPERMAN'D HIMSELF!! HAHAHAHAHA

"supermanning that ho" involves using adhesive to attach a girl to the sheets on a bed, making it look like she has a cape

This topic is closed for new posts.