back to article Internode falls to iiNet acquisition temptation

Popular Adelaide-headquartered national ISP Internode, a pioneer in Australia’s ADSL2+ market and vocal critic of National Broadband Network price strategies, is to be acquired by number two broadband provider iiNet. The $AU105 million buy, announced on December 22 to the Australian Securities Exchange, may not be greeted with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steven Roper
    Facepalm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

iiNet buying out Internode is bad enough. But the mere possibility of TGP buying iiNet thereafter is a horror! If TGP end up owning Internode I might even have to consider >retch< BigPond, because there's no way I'm ever becoming a customer of those rip-off sharks! >:(

TGP is to the Internet what Vodafone is to phone comms in this country.

Having been with Internode since 2003 they've been flawless. I sincerely hope this doesn't mark the end of the top service, reliability and line speed I've become used to. Oh well, all good things must come to an end, I guess.

1. Angus 2
      Thumb Down

I am with you!

Ack!

2. Rex di Bona
      Facepalm

TPG - Can't run away fast enough

Every experience I have had with TPG was indicative of a company that has NO focus on customer service. When I was talking to TPG about a broadband connection I found them to be totally clueless about IP in general, and broadband in particular.

Internode have been fantastic. It is always a pleasure to talk to somebody who understands technology rather than somebody with a fixation on "logging into the Internet by clicking the big blue E".

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Ugh... wonder if Optus has improved from Complete Crap.

Moved away from iiNet to Internode years ago. Not going to go back.

2. Adam White

Shock and awe

Internode is a legendary ISP in South Australia and well known to geeks around the country. They are consistently innovative and maintain the highest quality standards. I've been using their service in one form or another since 1996... up until one month ago when I jumped to BigPond Cable.

All the best to Internode and iiNet, long may your Blue Ribbon fly!

3. D. M
    IT Angle

my experience

with iiNet is very positive. Their customer service is far better than anyone else I have had. And their tech staff generally knows what they talking about. Their internet service is not flawless but it is as good as anyone else can ever be (Telstra line/exchange issues are outside their control).

A plus point to iiNet: their tech staff is Linux friendly, which is rare these days. Try Bigpond/Optus/TPG, and tell them you run Linux, they would act like you don't speak English.

The only problems I have had with them, were couple of account issues (very slow to refund, set my account wrong, etc).

Internode service is no better or no worse than iiNet, in my experience. Matter of fact, I really like iiNet customer service better than Internode.

This topic is closed for new posts.