back to article Yahoo! joins rush to get widgets onto mobile phones

Yahoo! has announced its intention to support third-party widgets on its mobile platform, promising platform independence and rapid development. The announcement came in a presentation at the CES event, currently taking place in Las Vegas. Widgets are small applications, generally written in JavaScript or similar, which …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Karl Lattimer

erm binary yahoo widgets?

I seem to remember a talk at Guadec 2007 where Stuart Langridge stated yahoo! widgets started using a binary format from version 3 or 4...

So I take it they're now reversing that decision?

2. coxy

go, widget, go.

I use Yahoo! Go 2. It's quite a nice phone application which brings together a whole host of Yahoo! services together. To be honest, I'll be gutted if they strip some of the features of Yahoo! Go to make way for these widgets.

I've also Widsets (https://www.widsets.com/) installed because I was intregued by how widgets would look on a mobile phone. Widsets is made really well and it looks nice too - but it's not something I use often... at all.

3. Dave
    Thumb Up

Yahoo can make as many as they want

Just keep that bullshit off my phone and I'm happy!

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Stone Fox

Where! are! the! exclamation! marks!

the! title! says! it! all!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

me too

too few !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. stizzleswick
    Coat

I! agree! with! Stone! Fox!

and! nickj!

8. Sam Therapy
    Thumb Up

I! agree! with! Dave!

It's! a! load! of! bollocks!

9. Andy G
    Flame

i! Think! El! Reg! Is! Slipping!

im! very! disappointed! with! the! lack! of! exclamation! marks! fro! this! Yahoo! Story!

Pull! Your! Finger! Out! Guys!

10. Jared G
    Thumb Up

Mobile Widgets

Well I don't know a huge amount about coding these mobile widgets, but I have coded a few yahoo widgets on the Clearspring widget platform. Takes 30 seconds to register, http://www.clearspring.com/register/

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like