back to article Samsung ML-1630 laser printer

When you think of laser printers you don’t exactly think ’sleek and sexy’ - more like ‘beige and bulky’. But this new model from Samsung, the ML1630, is something that’s really quite different. Taking its design cues from Samsung’s range of TVs and laptops, this is glossy black and wouldn’t look out of place in a fashion …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dave
    Stop

Another video review?

Some of us are at work and can't have the speakers on etc, and also some of us would like to READ a review and not watch one.

Please don't let this be a trend you are going to continue.

Rant over.

2. Scott
    Stop

RE: Another video review?

"Some of us are at work and can't have the speakers on etc, and also some of us would like to READ a review and not watch one.

Please don't let this be a trend you are going to continue.

Rant over."

QFE.

Is it so difficult to have both?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

I agree with the above posters: transcripts are good for you.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Video of a printer?

Oh, c'mon. I even work for a printer company, and the idea of a video (which I can't see anyway) seems totally silly.

To those who can see it: are there ads in the vid? I love my Firefox with Adblock, but I know it can filter the ads in a video I want to watch.

5. Mage Silver badge
    Flame

Noooo...

I refuse to watch Video reviews on my Laptop.

I have 3500 satellite channels for that.

6. leslie
    Thumb Down

lack of content

I remember when reviews told you how many pages per minute it did, resolution, maybe power consumption, how much paper the tray held, could you attach other addons...

Call this a review, do me a favour.......

I guess its only a mono laser, another fact missing from this ''review''

7. Kevin Kenny
    Thumb Down

Agreed. Not all workplace PC's have sound cards believe it or not (try working for some banks). Also some of us like to print stuff out to read on the bus or train.

Also my ADSL at home is a poxy 512k (at the end of the line) which seems to be able to stream absolutely bugger all.

Or, at least provide a written transcript?

Kev

8. Craig
    Stop

Hear hear

I'd prefer text over a video review any day- even if it was just a transcript.

9. Martin Gregorie
    Unhappy

Oh no, not another video review

Like the majority of other posters, I prefer reading text reviews to suffering through a video. Besides, a video is useless for quick future reference.

I normally use a silent laptop: if I have to go and fire up another PC just to hear the commentary in a review, guess what's going to be ignored. If you absolutely must create a video for those who can't/won't read, PLEASE include a textual review for the rest of us.

While I'm on the subject, the same goes for those winky-wanky "Internet Radio" pieces you publish from time to time. I can't hear them on this laptop, so they get sworn at and skipped. If you must produce them, please publish the script or a transcript: I read a LOT faster than the average participant can speak.

10. Bad Beaver
    Stop

Well, video...

I'm, fine with video reviews. If there is something worth showing in a video. This "review" does not qualify. It's just another pointlessly gaudy piece of e-junk from Samsung, the only apparent advantage of which is that you can easily stack stuff on top of it, what will most likely happen rather sooner than later considering the target demographic, meaning this product will overheat and be replaced – also – rather sooner than later. Thank God for RoHS.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Not bad

Not a bad printer... petty about the stupid video.

Why did the geek have to tell us three times the thing doesn't have an Ethernet port?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like