back to article Belkin wireless HDMI box spied at CES

Belkin's experimentation with running HDMI connections wirelessly will finally bear fruit this coming summer when the accessory maker ships FlyWire, a wireless video connectivity box for HD TVs. FlyWire operates in the 5GHz wireless band to stream signals from a transmitter hooked up to, say, you Blu-ray Disc player over to a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard Gadsden

HDCP

How can this possibly be compliant with HDCP?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

This could be useful...

...if it's low latency. Anybody know the specs?

3. Gareth Davies
    Alert

@ Richard Gadsen

So long as the system is a single HDMI being transmitted point to point, not point to multipoint, I can't see a problem.

It is effecctively a wire simulator.

More concerned about whether we will actually be allowed to use this in the UK. All depends on the channel bandwidth employed.............Apple had this problem on the Airport Extreme, having to limit the performance due to restrictions on channel bandwidth. Wonder if Ofcom ever sorted it out?????????

4. Andy Worth

Ooooh a new toy......

I'll have to try and find out more about this - I have a family contact working for Belkin UK, oddly enough responsible for the work that goes on to bring new products to release in the UK market. I have no idea if he has been specifically involved with this but I'm damned well gonna ask :)

He might even have a sample to play with before long, if not already.....

5. Steve

Hmmm

i hope to god its not lke other belkin products..

Tend not to work after 3 months..

Or like my belkin router kept droping all the time until i changed it for a different brand

This topic is closed for new posts.