back to article IntelliContact hit by rebranding madness

It may be a "leading on-demand email marketing service", but that hasn't afforded IntelliContact immunity from infection by rebranding madness. The IntelliContact and iContact logos As you can see, 5 June is the big day for IntelliContact iContact, and this redefinition on the company's brand frontage paradigm is accompanyed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Guy

i see a lawsuit coming

watch out Apples about, i thought that Apple had managed to both copyright and patent the "i" as a device that uses more than two transistors to function and therefore sueing anyone who uses words beginning with "i"(although copyright is being disputed by the Oxford English Dictionary, and punitive damges against any of mankind using the latin alphabet. This being backed by the mayor of Rome as a licensing deal to OED as the inventors of the alphabet). Also beware, the RIAA has noted that several of their artists have recorded songs called "i" and as such any use of the "i" will be subject to royalty payments to themselves for spotting it. This crowd ought to be sued anyway for coming up with such a crap rebranding, in the style of "whats the latest bandwagon and jump on it"

oooh that feels a lot better now(rant over)

2. Ben Brandwood

Hmmm, rip off?

Take a look at the logo on

www.iplato.net

Do we see a striking similarity? I think we do!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Simplification

Perhaps they could streamline their slogan, "We Simplify Sommunication", so that it becomes "Simplify Communication". Then it is not just a description of the company's ethos, it becomes a proactive statement of purpose.

And then the company could shorten the slogan to just "Simplify", which is both proactive and transcendent. The company does not just simplify communication, it simplifies everything.

Perhaps they could adopy the slogan "SIM-p-LIFE-y", which would communicate their technological background and also the word LIFE and Y.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Karl Lattimer

So bandwagons eh

We've got the "slight reflection" bandwagon, the "i" bandwagon, the "web 2.0" bandwagon, AND the "re-branding to better reach our customers" bandwagon.

You really should limit your articles to one bandwagon per company

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iThankyou

I could cry:

http://www.ipetitions.com/index.html?wid=2w1

This topic is closed for new posts.