back to article Fujitsu claims 'world's smallest Vista PC' title

Fujitsu has taken the wraps off what it claims is the world's smallest Windows Vista PC: a tablet PC-styled "microminiature" machine with a 5.6in display and weighing just 580g. Fujitsu LifeBook FMV-8240 It's not great surprise to learn that the FMV-U8240 - part of Fujitsu's LifeBook range - is based on Intel's Ultra …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Mighty Spang

I want one too!

Well, if it's got wifi and a decent battery life anyway. Just what i need for uni, a small box to drag about for note taking, surfing & email.

lack of an easily usable tab key might be a pain though...

2. Lloyd

Hundred dollar laptop?

Is it just me, or does the design of this system look spookily like the design of the $100 laptop?

3. Clay Garland

Vista!?

Vista's mediocre text rendering makes things hard enough to read on my 13" laptop, I shudder to think of how terriblev vista must look on a sub 6" screen.

4. Arnold Lieberman

I still prefer the proportions of my Psion S5

If only someone would come up with a new motherboard and screen to fit in the S5 case! In my opinion, the proportions are perfect and the keyboard is second to none. It's a shame that it went the same way as all British inventions (well, all British inventions that weren't bought by another country)...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Smallest?

OQO made a similar claim a few months ago and at 14.2 x 8.4 x 2.5 cm, it seems that they still have the title. Of course, thanks to Presidential fiat, it all depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

6. Jonathan Tate

I miss my Psion!

I guess I'm a bit of a rarity -- I'm from the US and I went through 6 of my 12 years of government-sponsored education with either a Psion Series 3c or a Psion Series 5 in hand. I loved that little machine, so amen to that, Arnold. I would love to have a color S5 capable of running Vista and Office (and finally giving me a real word processor to use that killer keyboard with)!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like