back to article Apple's request for HTC ban delayed again

The US International Trade Commission's decision on stopping HTC products from entering the country has been delayed for a second time. Apple is suing handset-maker HTC with the ITC in a bid to get the Taiwanese firm's goods banned from the US. The ITC was supposed to be announcing its decision on the patent infringement case …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert E A Harvey

I'm sorry, but the headline is too obtuse for me. Is there an 'on' missing as word 3?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

NO!

and again...NO!

2. PaulR79
    FAIL

Naturally the Apple patents are upheld (granted not all of them) while HTC had their own case thrown out despite violation by Apple. I hate all these patent claims and suing. It serves nobody except the lawyers because the cases inevitably drag on and on with appeals, more appeals, maybe a countersuit or two.

Yes, I like HTC phones and Sense and it's sad to hear they're losing ground but I can only put that down to the sheer amount of new handsets they push out frustrating and upsetting existing customers. Nobody likes to see a new version of their handset within six months, I'm thinking of the Sensation, XL and XE specifically there. Minor updates, new handset, annoyed customers. I know, I know.. it happens with all tech. but you'd hope for at least six months before your handset is updated.

There are also the two HTC drawbacks that are making me consider an alternative manufacturer at update time: poor camera and poor battery life. They appear to be trying to improve battery with capacity increasing, far better than my Desire HDs 1230mAh. They also seem to be trying to better the cameras although at a much slower pace. 8MP is nice but lens and sensor size are far more important.

1. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
      Trollface

"There are also the two HTC drawbacks that are making me consider an alternative manufacturer at update time: poor camera and poor battery life".

Well if you are unhappy with the battery life of the HTC you could always get a fruity 4S!

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Coffee/keyboard

Apple can win every single court decision and ban every other phone on the planet, but they will never get a single Pound out of me... Ever...

Growing your business through litigation instead of relying on the (supposed) strength of your product is despicable. Especially when the "patents" concerned are so frivolous and general like the physical shape.

1. scarshapedstar
      FAIL

Yeah

I love my Incredible. Trying to take away my next phone pisses me off.

I do not give money to people who piss me off.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not going to happen

There is no way HTC phones will get, a us ban, unless, apple have judges in their pockets

1. zanto
      FAIL

pockets

Apple has very big and deep pockets. A sense of fair play on the other hand......

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

That's why there's a delay

Apple and the judges are haggling over the price.

3. peter 45
      Trollface

never gonna happen

A US company will never get a ban on non-US company products issued by a US organisation unless.........

4. UkForest
      Headmaster

how, are, those, commas, working, for, you?

Sorry, it just gets my goat!

5. Jedit Silver badge
      Thumb Down

"... unless Apple have judges in their pockets"

And the German ruling did not convince you that this was true?

6. Tom 7

Apple dont have all the judges

they've just lost to Samsung in Manheim and may be off the Xmas list in Europe

1. Peter 48

not Samsung

I think you mean Motorola, not Samsung?

7. John Robson Silver badge

Should we change the system

So you have to prove all patents in an action to gain a ban. The fact that two were thrown out should be a slam dunk fail.

8. Lord Midas
    WTF?

Fucking Apple scum...

God, I'm so glad I've never bough an Apple product in my life. They say competition is good in the market place. But Apple are simply trying to sue the competition out of business, rather than simply making the best product.

They should be be ashamed of themselves. I hope their Mums are proud of them.

I just hope the consumer sees what a sonnova bitch of a company they are siding with, and realises that there are better companies to give their hard earned to.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Weird hatred makes you blind

Apple did build the best product, by a long shot, and then OTHER COMPANIES TOTALLY COPIED IT.

How is this so hard to understand?

1. zanto
        FAIL

i'll bite...

"Apple did build the best product, by a long shot"

for sheep maybe. beauty or appreciation lies in the eye of the beholder.

9. TiddlyPom
    Unhappy

Both Apple and Microsoft are malicious anti-competitive companies

Software Patents (and some of the other patents to be honest) are not about protecting inventions from malicious copying - they are about preserving the market places of BIG existing AMERICAN companies at the expense of competition from anybody else.

Nobody seriously believes that the HTC Phones are a blind copy of the iPhone. To be honest I think that Android is a FAR superior operating system to iOS but that is my own opinion. If people like iPhones they will buy them - why should we be forced to buy overpriced Apple hardware/software and lock ourselves into Apple's "walled garden" where there are cleverer, cheaper and more open alternatives - clearly better.

If Apple cannot compete on merit then they certainly should not be protected by a clearly anti-competitive ruling designed to stop FAIR COMPETITION.

The same applies to the enforced monopoly of Microsoft Windows on desktops/laptops due to the anti-competitive practice of enforced pre-loading of their bloated, buggy and virus-prone software. Why should I be forced to pay for products that I do not want.

10. Andy Fletcher

Don't see why they're bothering really

Everyone I know that has a Jesus phone wouldn't be swayed by HTC/Samsung if they gave their stuff away for free and threw in a Ferrari. Personally I couldn't give a shit which fruit or vegetable icon is on anything I buy, but apples are more expensive so I'm sticking with oranges.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Apple realise just how shite thier product is and are so worried they need to try to ban competitors producs.

If Apple were the only product, I'd live in the dark than be tought of as a DICK!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like