back to article No BEAST fix from Microsoft in December patch batch

Microsoft released 13 security bulletins addressing 19 vulnerabilities overnight, as part of a bumper final Patch Tuesday of the year. Highlight of the baker's dozen is a patch for the the zero-day vulnerability exploited by Duqu (sibling of Stuxnet) worm back in October. Fixing the underlying flaw exploited by Duqu involves …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom 38
    FAIL

See, this is what winds up us FOSS weenies

"Fixing the underlying flaw exploited by Duqu involves the resolution of a problem in how Windows kernel mode driver handles TrueType font files."

WTF is the Windows KERNEL (!) doing handling fonts? This is the result of their 10 year 'security initiative', the kernel is still doing fucking brain dead things like handling fonts. Give me a break.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Microsoft

"Microsoft released 13 security bulletins addressing 19 vulnerabilities overnight"

Ah, Microsoft. Legends for having security holes (and taking forever to find and patch them all!)

3. Patent Examiner

I feel bad for you, son

Jay-Z is rarely worth quoting, but I think Microsoft should make an exception here: "We fixed 99 problems, but the BEAST ain't one."

4. Sureo
    Coffee/keyboard

I'm busy....

...updating my machines from dawn to dusk. Not that I'm complaining....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Chrome

4 PDF parsing bugs? Sigh.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like