back to article Sony takes PS Vita on Blighty-wide tour

Sony will take the PlayStation Vita out on the road ahead of the device's launch in February 2012, offering British gamers the chance to try before they buy. Attendees to the various "Vita Rooms" will have access to titles such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss, FIFA 12, Reality Fighters, MotorStorm RC, ModNation Racers: Road Trip, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas 4

Hmmm, dunno about this

While it looks pretty good, without good developer support, it's going to be in serious trouble. I bought a 3DS a couple of months back and there's hardly been any decent games for it and the few that do exist are horrifically overpriced, even via Amazon.

Was actually thinking about trading it in and picking up an Xperia Play.

1. MJI Silver badge

release games look good

And post launch a few others look good

So far there are 3 I personally want, and quite a few my twins would want.

2. icedfusion
    Devil

No doubt they will release it with much fanfare showing how much it can do - then over time they will gradually reduce the features of it for 'my protection', just like the PS3.

Mobile gaming - use Onlive!

3. Greg J Preece

Nice idea. Reminds me of when the Sega Bus used to pull into town and send every kid within ten miles mental for a Mega Drive. Will definitely trip along to get my hands on one. I like my original PSP, though I will freely admit that dedicated portable systems need more developer love. That said, given the trend for crap touchscreen games, perhaps the current interest in mobile gaming will spur it on.

As for the 3DS, jamming 3D into a console you've already done 18 bajillion variations of smacks more than a little of desperation. They didn't sell because no-one gives a shit about 3D. We've already got the DS, the Lite, the DSi, the XL...

4. LuMan
    Thumb Up

No Phone Home

I'll definitely be up for one of these. Love my PSP and my Xperia Play. Just a shame that Sony decided not to add a phone to the Vita - means I've still got to carry two devices around.

5. Chandleo
    Thumb Up

Quite excited about this one, with the flop of the PSP and limited graphics on the DS they could be on to something big.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like