back to article Samsung enhances Q1 Ultra UMPC performance

Samsung has upgraded its Q1 Ultra UMPC, adding 'Premium' to the machine's moniker and boosting the handheld's processing power and its battery capacity. The Q1 Ultra Premium sports the same 7in, 1024 x 600 display as the Q1 Ultra, but behind it beats a 1.33GHz Ultra Low Voltage (ULV) Intel Core Solo U1500 CPU. The new model …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ben Ruset

XP Tablet Edition

The article says it has XP Tablet Edition, but the screen shot shows Vista.

2. Shaun

UX1N1

So Samsung have finally caught up with Sony's UX1N1 - That's had the 1.3 for almost a year now.

Any reason why you've pictured the Q1T instead of the previous Q1 Ultra?

For my money, I'd still go for the Asus R2h - You get way more in the box. But as I was spending work's money, I got the Sony, as it's a lot smaller, and actually makes sense as a UMPC (It's mobile, and has a keyboard).

Any of the three are still nice toys (I bought all three for my IT Support department). However, all three are way too underpowered for Vista - Even when all the nice GUI features are turned off, the mighyy Sony still struggles, and takes way to long to boot. And with all the nice graphics turned off, you're missing the point of Vista.

Just my oppinion.

3. Richard Kilpatrick

Meh

Still not as useful as the FlipStart's layout.

4. paul brain
    Happy

eeePC

Only 200 beer tokens (GBP).

Slightly lower spec, but proper ( albeit ) small keyboard.

Couldn't justify buying the Samsung when ASUS nailed the market with a product and price point the industry has been looking for with the eeePC.

The Samsung UMPC is a product looking for an application. With the ASUS eeePC I'm still working out what I can't do with it.

( Biased : bought one for my birthday instead of going out for dinner , but still had enough beer tokens to celebrate )

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

oo

if only the eeepc had a 7.5 hour battery life.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like