back to article Twitter redesign seeks to monetise user base

Twitter has injected some new features into the micro-blogging site in an effort to lure more developers, partners and - most importantly - users to the service. The privately-held company said in a blog post yesterday that it had "simplified the design" of Twitter. In fact, the firm appears to be morphing the service into …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Let's hope they sort the searching of tweets

This has to be one of the biggest problems with twitter. Why can't I search All tweets in a geographic area via a saved search on the website?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"This has to be one of the biggest problems with twitter. "

Nah! The biggest problem with Twitter is that it exists!

2. GrumpyJoe

No ta

not interested.

3. Tom_

unsubscribe

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

poor Tweetdeck, it was so great and now it languishes buggy and unsupported no doubt to be gutted and turned into some kind of social media hub monster.

1. PaulR79
      FAIL

Indeed.. it was a fantastic program both on the desktop and on phones with regular updates and features people liked (deck.ly for one!) and prior to this the only update I've seen in roughly six months has been to remove deck.ly and image previews from tweets. It's made worse by the fact prior to the buyout they had mentioned a completely new version for Android as the old look had been the same for quite a while with no real improvements and now that, like many other changes, has been canned apparently. Way to go Twitter! Just kill it off if you're going to turn it into a clone of your official (and utterly useless) mobile client.

2. Mike Flugennock

I checked out Tweetdeck...

...and found out that it required Adobe Air, at which point I ran like hell from it.

5. Mike Flugennock

by "redesign"...

...do they mean a _new_ redesign coming up, or the current redesign which makes the site run dog-slow, and gag on reloads, and choke on tweets half the time? (most common Twitter alert message: "oops! We did something wrong.") And, is the pop-up message about their new "activity" feature -- which won't go away and stay away -- also part of this?

Oh, and I also saw my first tweet spam -- uh, sorry, "sponsored tweets" -- last week. Way to go, guys.

6. James Woods

In a stupor i've tried to join twitter twice in the past few years. In each case the system was overloaded.

Why don't they fix their capacity problems before luring new children to the site.

7. Jan Hargreaves

great job twatter. do a redesign and all widgets and feeds are now broken.

this is friendster (suicidal) behaviour...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like