back to article Asus phone-tablet pair set for 2012 launch

Asus' tablet-docking smartphone, the Padfone, will make its debut at Mobile World Congress 2012 and sport an Nvidia Tegra 3 processor. The company's anticipated tablet-uniter will touch down early next year, says netbook journalist Nicole Scott, who claimed to have good authority when she made the announcement during an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Northern Fop
    FAIL

Worst. Name. Evar.

See title.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not quite...

It could have been called the Asus PhoneIsATabletButtplug.

2. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Asus would do better to work on EEE Transformer stocks than continue to pursue this chimera.

Why have a tablet that only works when the phone is inside, making it terrible to actually answer calls.

Break/lose your phone and the tablet's a goner too (especially in 6 months when the new fonepad comes out and there's no longer spares for the old one)

It's probably one of the worse ideas and with the worse name to match.

3. Risky

Alternatively

For years I wanted a dumb phone/smart device combo so while you could do email, text and whatnot on a bigger device, it was coupled (BT?) and sim-shared with a small phone designed to be only picked up for voice calls.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Always Innovating again?

Asus borrowing form factor ideas from Always Innovating again? Ok, the MiniBook isn't quite a phone but it is phone sized, and docks into the tablet part. Do Asus have a keyboard dock for this one to complete the resemblance?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wouldn't it be good if...

...you could have a tablet which was able to use your phone's data connection without actually having to physically dock it? By using some sort of wireless radio link, perhaps?

1. Rovindi
      Windows

...You might be onto something there...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Asus.. A reputation on the line..

So many promises so many chances to prove themselves yet too many delivery failures.. yet they still have not produced the long promised adapter dongles for the transformer pad (been on the market 9+ months) hence I don't think I'll be interested in buying from asus. Their dedication to their customers is about 0%. sell an expensive product and run with the money, seems to just about sum them up.

7. Shannon Jacobs
    Meh

New SL 101 owner here...

Article caught my eye since I'm less than one week into ownership of an SL 101... Another innovative design, but there are too many problems great and small, and I am dangling right now between struggling onward or returning it to the store. My main direct contact with ASUS has been via their website, and the kindest comment I can think of is "I was not impressed."

8. b166er
This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like