back to article Last of the space shuttle commanders retires from NASA

The last astronaut to command a space shuttle mission is retiring from NASA at the age of 50, after 13 years at the agency. Chris Ferguson, who likes to play drums for rock and roll astronaut band Max Q* in his spare time, was in at the end of the space shuttle era when he captained the final voyage of Atlantis, the 135th …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Stevie

Job Well Done.

Welcome back to Earth, commander.

Luck for the future.

2. Andus McCoatover
    Thumb Up

Age of 50 ???

Why do NASA allow children to fly spacecraft? OK, I'm a whippersnapper compared to John Glenn, but...

Good retirement, Sir !

1. Mediocrates
      Joke

Why NASA allows children to fly spacecraft

Better reflexes

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I can vouch for this...

... My 9 year old beats me hands down at Clone Wars - Lightsabre Duels. I just cant move quick enough!

3. LarsG

OBAMA

HAS MUCH TO ANSWER TO canceling US manned space flight. History will surely condemn this decision. Wait till the Chinese set up a moon base.

1. Poor Coco

OBAMA

HAS NOT CANCELLED HUMAN space flight. BUT IT LOOKS LIKE he could spend more on educating THE PUBLIC ON THE proper use of all CAPS.

4. Esskay
    Thumb Up

Why retire?

If I was him I'd just keep being shuttle commander - it's not like he has to do anything, he could just be that laughable old curmudgeon who walks around in a space suit demanding that everyone calls him "commander" at the NASA office, regaling people with stories of the "olden days" when the coupling for the space loo went and they had to catch all the bits using a plactic bag and a drinking straw - the sitcom practically writes itself.

Seriously though, good luck to him - a well deserved retirement.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like