back to article Tesco: buy a DVD, get the download free

Buy a DVD or Blu-ray Disc from Tesco tomorrow, and it will give you free access to the downloadable version hosted by Tesco-owned online movie service Blinkbox. The deal only applies to Clubcard holders, however. There's another catch: it only applies to certain films, 26 in the first batch. The list of titles available …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Content producers/owners need to wake up and get this sorted out now. Or shut up about copyright infringement.

You can't have it both ways, like it or not!

2. Dave Bell

Any film with Sandahl Bergman can't be all bad, but I already have that one as a DVD. As for the rest...

1. Jedit Silver badge
      Facepalm

Sandahl Bergman?

I think you'll find the article is referring to this year's remake of Conan, starring Jason Momoa and Rose McGowan.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hah!

It's almost worth buying a copy of "Jeremy Clarkson: Powered Up", keeping the download and sending the DVD to the boss of Unison!

4. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart

I don't get it.....

Buy the dvd and get a download for free, if I have it on dvd why would I download it????????

5. Colin Millar
    Coat

Jeremy Clarkson, Screwed, Set Up and Bangkok Bound

Try getting that thought out of your head

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

meh

The download version is DRM'd apparently. I will just continue to buy dvd's, and rip my own digital copies then. No point in wasting time and bandwidth downloaded an drm locked version, when I can rip my own copy in 10 minutes.

7. james marley

Given what broadband is like in the north east of scotland, I would put money on the physical one arriving before the download completes.

8. Mage Silver badge
    Coat

The other way round makes more sense

Buy it ONLINE and get the Download at once and the DVD is posted to you?

Perhaps they will do that next. Or can you do it now on Tesco's online delivery Site?

Seeing as someone is likely to put the Jars of Pickles and Block of Cheese on top of the Bread, I've only used Tesco's online delivery to send my Mum flowers.

Anyone is welcome to use their online service and get the delivery to my address though.

1. ChrisF18

@Mage - Company I worked for did exactly this (download now, DVD later), 5 years ago. Because of the dealer price, I'm pretty sure it was a bit of a loss-leader...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Quality idea, buy a DVD as a gift, get a digital copy to enjoy yourself without breaking the seal.

Win - Win, well as long as you want to see the film you are giving away!

10. pauly

that model seems backwards to me

Wouldnt it make more sense to be able to download a copy to watch *now* (without having to navigate Tesco's), then they post you the dvd version later?

Can't see why you'd download a (presumably) compressed / lower quality version when you have a superior blu-ray version to hand.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like