back to article Ten... top Xbox Live game downloads

After looking at ten top videogames for PlayStation Network last week, it's Microsoft's turn to step up to the table. As mentioned in the PSN round-up, forking out for the latest triple-A titles is unnecessary if you're prepared to live without the over-the-top graphics and the 200+ hour gameplay of epics like Skyrim. Spend a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael Baines
    Unhappy

No Rez HD then? Shame.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

hmm

You don't mention Scott Pilgrim, which was on the PSN list? Or Doom :)

1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re: hmm

Doom has had plenty of coverage in this organ of late:

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/11/23/antique_code_show_id_software_doom/

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Hidden agenda

I notice that most of the PSN list includes titles that are also on Xbox and excluded almost all the excellent PSN exclusives. The XBox list is almost exclusively XBox/PC games.

It would be easy to conclude both lists were compiled by the same Xbox owner...

1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Hidden agenda

Easy to conclude, but utterly, utterly wrong.

3. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

No Darkstar 1?

I know it's a bit old, but I've just discovered it and it deserves a mention - very Elite :)

1. Danny 5
      Thumb Up

Darkstar 1?

Don't you mean Darkstar one - broken alliance?

That's not an arcade game, i bought the full game at the beginning of this year.

I agree that it's an awesome game though! If you like it, check out the one i posted.

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

Nice one, I didn't realise it wasn't in this category. I'll definitely look up the other one though, thanks.

4. Danny 5
    Happy

missing

fusion: genesis.

Easy to miss, as the name reveals ab-so-lute-ly nothing about the game. it's also pretty damn hard to describe it.

From playing it i found that the gameplay kinda resembles the vertical/horizontal shooters of age, but now with 360 degrees movement. the second stick allows you to fire in any direction, like those simple shooter games you see coming out in abundance (let's face it, those games work).

The story's good and there's plenty to be discovered, as the playing world is massive. there's also RPG elements, as your ships and "sentients" (add-ons kinda like the "option" in the old gradius games) will gain experience and level up.

This game is really an oddball in many ways, it's trying to combine game types in a way i've never seen before. the closest things that describes this game is a mix between Tyrian and Elite.

The one thing that grabbed me was that it had a classic look and feel, but is graphically quite impressive, best of both worlds imho.

5. Si 1

Arcade racers

Personally I can't live without some arcade racers, and I find Sega Rally 3 and Daytona USA HD both fill that gap nicely. Sure they're not Gran Turismo in terms of content, but the gameplay (particularly on Daytona) is still magnificent!

6. error handler

Also worth a look

Portal: Still Alive

Geometry Wars

Defense Grid

Chime

1. jason 7
      Happy

Yes Defense Grid!

Best Live game EVAR!

I have spent so many hours playing Defense Grid and the game never gets annoying.

Very rare.

7. Lord Midas
    Go

And what about also etc

Gotta love subjective lists. 10 games, yet everyone lists so many games to fit a 100 Best list..

Secret of Monkey Island 1 & 2

Sensible World of Soccer

Limbo

Battlefield 1943

From Dust

Torchlight

All of these are way better than Spolsion Man

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like