back to article Europe: warning, these Angry Birds CAN KILL KIDS

The Europan Commission has issued a stern warning: some Angry Birds could kill a child. No, we're not talking about the insanely popular videogame but a set of knock-off plush toys loosely based on the argumentative avians and being catapulted into Europe from China. Chinese Angry Bird toy rip-off Nothing to do with Rovio's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

Please note the completely effing useless "CE" sticker on the plushie.

Bring back the BSI Kitemark as a proper standard, and not a toothless old mouthpiece for UK industry.

PS, Rumours have it that the email system on the fake Blackberry actually WORKS (unlike the real thing).

1. Marvin the Martian

And the difference is?

Printing a kitemark is only marginally more complicated than printing "CE" in sans serif letters. So I don't see how it helps... Even if you give each product a unique identifier, a knockoff can have the correct identifier and still be a knockoff.

But industry mouthpiece indeed. We'd prefer to fit some modern insulation -- cheaper, faster to install, thinner, and better insulating than the kitemarked standard. We can't as the BCO won't accept non-kitemarked kit, and it's indeed Foreign Made [the horror!] so it won't get the mark. Kitemark it and another UK company would go bankrupt, but really why would you want to support an obsolete products?

2. Lockwood

And to paraphrase myself elsewhere, Dr Ashen may have some new tat to talk about...

1. Sadako
      Boffin

I came here to post this too. We need to get these to Stuart Ashen for immediate investigation.

1. LinkOfHyrule
        Thumb Up

Cheapo!

Dr Ashen is dicing with death with all the chemical soaked, knock off crap he comes into contact with.

3. aaronsen
    Facepalm

French keys?

As if finding out your £10 Blackberry is a fake isn't bad enough, you're then stumped by its French keyboard layout. D'oh!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

No, that picture says QZERTY not AZERTY. QZERTY is mostly Italian according to Wiki.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Chemicals, too loud, and an obvious trademark infringement.

This topic is closed for new posts.