back to article Thumbs Up Desktop Phone

I use a USB handset with Skype on my Mac, and I’ve been looking for something similar to use with my iPhone when I’m in the office. Bluetooth headsets just make me feel silly, so I’ve opted for the distinctly low-tech and unpretentious Desktop Phone from Thumbs Up instead. The Desktop Phone is a simple dock for your iPhone, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian Chard

Make one with a rotary dial and a bell

and then I'll buy it!

1. Youngdog

Pour Vous...

http://pixelverse.org/iphone/rotarydialer/

Would really like to know if the handset does work with this app

2. Winkypop Silver badge
    WTF?

Seriously?

Telephones were huge.

Then they shrunk

Then they were huge mobiles

Then they shrunk

Now they are growing again?

3. Richard Scratcher
    WTF?

What the...

Why did they include a auto-tangling curly cord between handset and base? Shirley a cordless system would have been better. It would also allow the user to move about without dragging the unit off the desk. Oh, and then you could add a keypad so you can make calls or transmit keypad tones.

The addition of a small display could....oh.....wait a minute.....

1. dotdavid
      Thumb Up

Siri

I guess Siri could be likened to the "operators" of yore, too. "Siri, please connect me to..."

The iPhone is obviously very retro.

4. DrXym
    Trollface

What a great idea

I did something similar to my cordless phone at home. I didn't like how I always walked off with it, so I tethered it to the charger with a piece of curly cable.

5. mrdalliard
    Thumb Up

Your title goes here...

I see from the article that we have a replacement for the Asus Eee-PC girl.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Except the Eee-Pc girl was hot

6. Alan Edwards
    Thumb Up

Cordless version

I have a feeling Make or something similar has already done it, but you could make a cordless version out of the guts of a Bluetooth headset.

You wouldn't actually need the base other than for charging the handset's battery, but you could make that into a charger for the iPhone (cordless induction charging for extra cool-ness).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like