back to article HMV plays catch up with video on-demand service

HMV has modernised its content delivery efforts, launching a video-on-demand rental service for PC and Mac. HMV On-Demand is nothing special, offering standard rental prices of £3.99 for new films, with a 24p discount for older titles. There's a lot to choose from, though, with content from all major film studios and 30 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Arrrggghh-otron

Still costs more than bargain bucket titles...

I'd be happy to use a streaming service but it needs to offer value for money - I can rent Blurays for £2.50 from blockbuster. Make it cheaper than that and I'm there...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Silverlight, really?

Even the not-quite-dead-but-not-long-for-this-world Flash would be better - at least a huge proportion of computers actually have it installed.

What a strange choice.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Real shame

I don't like shopping much, but I do enjoy having a flick through the racks in a record shop. Back when they had one in my local area (Brentwood), it was one of the only places I would make an 'impulse' purchase.

Expensive as HMV are, at least they are one of the last record shops that operate 'locally' (in major towns at least). and judging by their results, I would hate to see them fold and/or close down their physical stores.

</ramble>

This topic is closed for new posts.