back to article Obama steps in as Britney Spears wrestles Page on Google+

Pop princess Britney Spears now has the most followers on Google+, which President Barack Obama's team just signed up to. Until yesterday, Mountain View Chocolate Factory boss Larry Page had the most people following him on the social network with 744,579 "friends" in his circle. The Hit Me Baby One More Time star has nearly …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. petur
    FAIL

Basic misunderstanding of G+

If people are *following* you, they are not in your circles, you are in one of theirs. They aren' t friends either.

Spent too much time on facebook? :P

2. BoldMan

Yawn

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I second that

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Must have interested you enough to read the article though?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I always read the articles IN CASE they may be interesting, which 90% of the time they are :-)

3. Velv
    Go

Too many sites. We need convergence...

Twitbook+ ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Friendface

or..

Facebiter

Gritterbook

Personally I think they should all be replaced with facepalm.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Identity Farming! ha! not when I made myself up, I don't even exist. The fools!

5. 5.antiago

"Identity-farming network"

"identity-farming network"

This throw-away comment kind of encapsulates my feeling towards Google+. I just want to use Google for search and Facebook for keeping in touch in folks. As these companies rise and rise in their ambitions so too grows the effective cost of using their services, and like everyone else I am being slowly inched towards the line where I want off the ride

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

38 Million followers

I hope you mean stalkers

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Obama needs all the help he can get

With the lowest approval rating of any U.S. president in history, Obama needs to manipulate public opinion any way he can.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Please patent process for inventing news (so that can be shut down)

Sorry, don't know where you got that idea, it's wrong. Don't suppose you'll reconsider your sources of (mis)information, will you? Factoids: 25% (shrub) vs. 24% (tricky) vs. 22% (buck-stop) vs. 38% (guy with the hot seat).

Unless you mean first-term approval rating? Yep, definitely having problems there, what with inheriting two wars and a financial crisis. Maybe he should _start_ some new wars? That got GWB lots of points. Not being able to finish wars does seem to catch up with you eventually though....

1. unitron
        Headmaster

Factoid coined by Norman Mailer

A factoid is actually something that's not quite a fact, like a humanoid is not quite a human.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Denail has never changed reality

I doubt you'll need to worry abot Obama getting a second term. 20 years from now Bama will still be blaming GWB for Bama's failures. Apparently the U.S. just isn't ready for "Dope and Chains"? Who knew?

1. unitron

Re:Failures of various Prez'es

There's no need to blame GWB for anyone else's failures as the list of his own is so long and all-inclusive that it's a full time job just blaming him for them.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like