back to article Punters go postal with erratic Royal Mail site

The Royal Mail's electronic redirection website was finally restored on Thursday, days after problems affected the postal service's website on Sunday. A Register reader has come forward with evidence to show that he was presented with the personal details of another user when he logged into the redirection site on Saturday, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mike Shepherd
    Stop

"Director of Customer Experience"

You couldn't make this stuff up.

2. Cubittus
    FAIL

Royal Mail Fail

I just had fun and games (not) with their website ...

I tried to use their fee2pay page to pay for postage on a letter that apparently has insufficient stamps. It went all the way through to payment and then said 'Access Denied'!

I called the CC company and they say that RM have taken the payment.

I called RM and they say that they haven't!

They just told me to try again - at the risk of losing more money. If I wanted a refund I would have to post them copies of my CC bill.

Utter rubbish. I've given up. Whoever forgot to put a stamp on their letter can have it back. I've spend more on phone calls now than the postage I was trying to pay (22p plus £1 'fee') and travel to a post office would cost even more.

Why are these companies allowed to get away with causing so much stress and bother when their systems go wrong? Especially when I have no choice but to use them!

3. Andy Livingstone

Director of Customer Experience?

That might well explain a lot. Someone perhaps creating the variety of experiences that we find so frustrating? Might also lead the staff who assure that each is an isolated instance.

Might also explain why a recent local applicant was told to use email.

How long before HMtheQ strips away the "Royal" title?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This should be a no brainer

"Andy is considering whether or not to report the matter to data privacy watchdogs at the Information Commissioner's Office, a decision that he said depends on whether he gets an adequate response from Royal Mail."

Has there been a breach ? Yes. Report it (for what good it will do). We've already had it proved by actions, that big organisations have no care for data security, so what possible response could RM give which is *more* effective than being soft-soaped by the ICO ?

5. Winkypop Silver badge
    WTF?

"Director of Customer Experience"

Also Director of Whale Song, Aromatherapy and Homeopathy based HR.

6. PeterM42
    FAIL

Royal FAIL Website

I have tried using the Royal FAIL website to buy online postage. WHAT A DISASTER!!!

It really has to be one of the WORST websites on the internet.

Designed by an idiot and maintained by morons. It makes queueing at a post office preferable - THAT'S how bad it is.

7. annoyedretailer
    FAIL

Fantastic!! Is this why the Royal Mail site no longer stores credit card information I wonder!! What has happened to my card detaisl that WERE stored?? Royal Fail, AGAIN.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Postage part of site down since Friday night.

Parts of the website were down all weekend, certainly the online postage bit, not a single work in progress notice to let the poor customer know, just failures or pages not loading, so not much customer care there then !

This certainly continued during the early part of the week.

Epic fail

9. lawman
    FAIL

Still down

My firm has been trying to buy stamps online all week. Finally today we thought we'd cracked it, only for the website to reject our credit card.

Not fit for purpose.

10. austint
    Unhappy

Been over two weeks now...

...and still getting this message on the Price Finder page:

"We are still experiencing technical difficulties with Price Finder and the service is not currently available. We are sorry for any inconvenience this is causing. We are working hard to fix these problems as quickly as possible."

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like