back to article Bloke pays inked tribute to Top Gear

There's a long tradition of fans getting their idols etched into their flesh, but Top Gear presenter James May hasn't until now featured heavily on the list of hero-worship tattoos. Cue this YouTube vid (some NSFW language), flagged up recently to astounded PistonHeads forum members: Initially, we thought the whole thing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WTF?

It is a good tattoo, a good likeness but he's obviously an obsessed loony!

2. 0laf
    FAIL

Soon appearing on http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"couple of places", "appropriate", tattoo of Clarkson...

I see what you did there, and I LOL'd.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cock

as Mr May himself would say

1. Monkey Bob
      Coat

That would have to be a smaller portrait shurely.

Oh I see...

5. DJ Smiley
    Trollface

News just in

Man gets tattoo and to pay for it, gets some media coverage!

\o/

Ok he won't make anything from appearing on the reg, but it won't be long until certain news papers come to cover this crazyness. He'll prob get on the show too, i'm sure Jezza will love to laugh at him.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sectioned?

Why not?

7. Code Monkey

Blimey

And what if Mr May gets caught doing something reprehensible?

(AFAIK Mr May isn't up to anything reprehensible - Code Monkey lawyers)

8. Swiss
    Trollface

Well...

I like James May human, but then I also like Audrey Hepburn...

So which is better?....

9. Andy Fletcher

Cop out

He says he had to have it done on his leg as it was the only place it would fit? Fiddlesticks! If he had balls and likes Mr May that much, he'd have had it done on his face. I can say with absolute assurance the human face is exactly the same size as the human face.

10. Suburban Inmate
    FAIL

F.A.S.T!

Looks to me like James enjoying a mild stroke with an aggressive tumour near his Adam's Apple.

11. Herby

As I wonder...

Why did the guy pick "Captain Slow" as the presenter to embellish on his body. Makes little sense. Of course, I don't see much sense in tattoos any way. They only make a growth industry for removal in later life.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I feel sorry for the bloke

Clearly the poor bloke has issues - Look into his eyes.

As with so many people who adopt these extreme exteriors, it's thoroughly fake. What sums it up the most for me is the fake rock star dude laugh at the end where he says he doesn't give a shit about making noise - immediately after whispering his way through a 3-minute video in case his wife (who, much like Columbo, we never actually see on screen) comes down to shout "Malcolm! You're a very naughty boy. Now go to bed!"

The same goes for body builders. I worked with one once, who loved to project the hard man image. If he got a splinter in this finger, he'd run for the first aid kit and start asking if he should maybe go to hospital and get a tetanus injection. He once slightly knocked his foot and behaved as though he'd just been impaled by Genghis Khan. And as for the toddler hissy fit when his glasses were accidentally broken...

As your grandmother used to tell you, it's the quiet ones you need to watch.

13. Delbert

More ink

Amazing he could have Clarkson on the other leg and still have space somewhere between to put Hammond...... :-)

14. d2

hmmm, location,location

methinks capt Slow tat / third leg interface is way too suggestive for some...

15. matibee
    Thumb Up

My Clarkson tattoo straddles my backside. An eye on each cheek meant there was no need to draw the mouth. Or the double chin.

This topic is closed for new posts.