back to article ePlods charge man, 60, with chick-lit MP Twitter threats

A man, arrested in August on suspicion of menacing Tory MP Louise Mensch via Twitter and threatening emails, has been charged under section 127 of the 2003 Communications Act. "A man arrested over allegations of malicious communications and threats made via email and a social networking site against Louise Mensch MP has been …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

headline

I initially parsed it as applying 'chick-lit' to the Twitter threats, not the MP. Which would have been a much more interesting story.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

'Rupert Murdoch botherer'?

Hardly. In a committee session dominated by pathetic questioning and lack of rigour, Mensch was by far the worst questioner. She could barely wait to finish her questions to the Murdochs so she could dash outside and breathlessly tell the press all that had happened.

The biggest thing about this story is that Louise Mensch is back in the news which will please Louise Mensch immensely.

3. Phil Endecott

See also

"Police put the phone down on my complaint over Twitter racial abuse"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/nov/20/nabila-ramdani-twitter-abuse?INTCMP=SRCH

The treatment you get from the police seems to depend on who you are.

Remember how in the Robin Hood Airport bomb threat case, it was described as a "strict liability offence"?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

not sure which one

comes across as the bigger dweeb

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"get stuffed, losers"

...another example of the startling wit and famed intellect from one of the 21st century's great literary and political powerhouses, Louise 'uber' Mensche

Could some please remind the twit who was arrested that nobody is really as daft as her... just look at that incredible demonstration of Socratic irony on HIGNFY... she be trollin' !

6. Dave Harris
    Headmaster

Pen-name?

Bagshawe is La Mensch's maiden name, so given she was single when she was published, rather than "pen-name", wouldn't that be just "name"?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Iain Lee

Blimey, it was Iain Lee last week. There's a spate of nutters. Must be the winter weather.

I'd love to be a magistrate. One with a nickname. Like 'the hanging judge' or Nigel 'the neckstretcher' Fletcher or 'swinging judge Jeffries' or 'long drop Davies' or 'Nielsen the noose' or 'gallows way Galloway' or Lionel 'the yard arm' Pickles or something.

1. Brewster's Angle Grinder Silver badge
      Coat

Wrong Pickle...

...surely its Eric "The Flattener" Pickles?

Yeah, my "coat" is the black bin liner. And I'll pick up the rest of my rubbish on the way out.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You can see why though can't you.

She's not exactly a moose is she? She's not got antlers, even if she was educated at a weirdo sky fairy imaginary friend school.

Maybe he wanted to be an under mensch?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like