back to article Toshiba sues DVD duplicator Acme

Toshiba last week launched legal action against an Italian disc duplication company it maintains has infringed its intellectual property. The complaint, filed with the Milan District Court, claims that disc replicator Acme SpA has been punching out discs that match the DVD specification even though the Italian company has not …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. b166er
    Coat

Acme

What kind of Mickey Mouse outfit is that?

My coat's the one with the ears...

2. Jez Caudle
    Pirate

Wrong cartoon company ...

Mickey Mouse was in Disney cartoons. Acme appeared in Warner Brothers cartoons. So your joke is factually wrong, unfunny and hurtful to the worshippers of God's representative on Earth - Porky Pig.

We are a loving and tolerant religion which believes in peace and unity, therefore those of us of the Congregation Of Porky will be taking to the streets to call for your execution while holding banners proclaiming "Death to the Unbelievers".

When you posted you must have know that Mickey Mouse and his believers are our mortal enemies. We will add your name to our list of enemies - a list that includes Warner Brothers who committed blasphemy when they depicted Gods Emissary as a cartoon character!!

Tha-tha-tha-That's all folks!

3. The_Police!
    Coat

ACME Tools...

and Wile E. Coyote's attempt to catch the Road Runner!

Rocket Skates....

Just getting my coat.

4. Steve Anderson
    Stop

Oh boo hoo

Look at me, crying into my corn flakes because Toshiba want more money for sitting on its ass. Boo hoo, Toshiba. Boo hoo.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Building a better mouse trap

Their wares never helped Tom get the mouse either!

6. Rick Brasche

that explains

the dangerously sharp, exploding DVD's I've been getting...

"Beep beep!" ZOOOOOOOM!

to hell with the coat, where's my little umbrella? There's a big rock coming...

7. b166er
    Happy

@Jez

What you need, by all accounts, is a 'diversified porcine defense strategy'

8. Daniel B.
    Alert

ACME?

Somehow I wonder what would happen if my dad bought one of those, as his ISP's Road Runner. All that's missing is Wile E. Coyote.

Anyway, better check it out, as it might blow up the first time I try to play a DVD while using Road Runner!

MEEP MEEP!

9. Graham Lockley

Yeah that figures

I suppose that explains why Wile had so little success, all his fridges,rockets,roller skates, bombs etc. werent properly licensed and were obviously sub-standard Chinese knock offs :)

10. JeffyPooh

Haven't the DVD patents expired yet?

Geesh, DVDs have been around like-forever. Haven't the patents expired yet? If not, it's getting pretty close.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like