back to article Kids demand Apple kit for Chrimble

You grown-ups may not give a fig for fruit-flavoured products, but it's clear youngsters love Apple. Respected US market research firm Nielsen asked a playground full of 6- to 12-year-olds what they want for Christmas, and Apple kit took the top three places on the list. The most desired item by far is the iPad. Some 44 per …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

seems in line with what I've observed .... was staying on a camp site with my kids last year and listening to the conversations that 10-12 year olds had when they met then the standard opening was "I'm Peter, what's you're name - I've got an iPod nano - what iPod do you have?"

1. MJI Silver badge

What a sad little boy

But then mine will mention their Minecraft/Club Penguin/PSN IDs

2. BorkedAgain

One of the reasons I can't stand commercial Kids' TV...

...is the constant refrain of "Wannat f'Kissmuss" that greets every ad from Barbie to Bakugan. Naturally, it's never quite going to stop, but it's helpful to set expectations good and early. "Ain't gonna happen" is such a useful phrase...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Understandable

Kids want toys for xmas

iPads are toys

Ergo - kids want iPads

4. defiler

My boy's getting a Buzz Lightyear

Screw Apple. Unless they can offer an impressive wingspan, or perhaps some kind of motorcycle, they're out in the cold for him.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Dare you to open it, write "THIS SPACE FOR HIRE" across the wings and box it back up again ;-)

5. chipxtreme
    Facepalm

My kids no better to not ask for any crapple stuff, its banned from this household

1. Chris Parsons

Why do I need a title to reply to a post?

I would strongly recommend a copy of Fowler's English Usage as a Christmas present.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I guess it's not possible for children to fall for the type of spin that even some of the Reg's own contributers are guilty of pushing, that of calling all tablets an iPad and all smartphones an iPhone.

7. MJI Silver badge

My childrens wants

Daughter has an Android phone, does music OK not bothered by a PMP. However wants a laptop.

Sons, want anything which plays games. Don't have phones as their school does not allow them, but if they do there is an old one they can have.

The twin boys however want a Vita more than anything in the world, they will get 1/3 of one each next year, and that will be it.

None of them are that bothered by Apple products - except daughter who uses Macs at school, but is happy with a PC.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like