back to article Muvizu animation suite

Digimania's Muvizu is free 3D animation software running on the Unreal engine. It allows you to create movies and even upload them directly to YouTube or Facebook from the application. Considering how much Autodesk Maya or 3DS Max will set you back and how many man hours it will take you to do the simplest of animations (and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. heyrick Silver badge

Ye Gods! It nearly fills a CD!

I liked this in the requirements: "You are not trying to install on your grandfather's Amiga, Atari, ZX Spectrum or BBC Micro".

Why is there a "Buy from Amazon" link on a free product?

And, finally, can anybody suggest something similar that will run on less impressive/older hardware? I've seen lots of mentions of pre-vis software that would be capable of fairly basic animations, but actually tracking down such things seems to be rather difficult.

Damn, however. Makes me wish I could get a computer powerful enough to run this on. :-)

2. JeffUK
    Thumb Up

BTDT

"3D movie maker", windows 95..

But yeah, it was a good idea then and not a bad idea now!

3. Steven Roper
    FAIL

Sounds good

I was interested in this, right up until I saw this in their T & Cs:

"Video content created with the Muvizu application has a Muvizu watermark, which must be retained wherever you choose to publish such content."

No thanks. I hate watermarks splashed all over video. I guess that's why it's "free".

4. F Seiler

i cannot conclusively deny that there could be a use case for this, but my first thought after a hope of "bender for the lazy" on the title was "3D clipart".

5. nufnuf
    Devil

Great, but NO PROP HAndling!

This is a fun and well thought out APP, except you cannot pick up, handle, and put down props. Oh sure they come with some guitars that will permanently float in front of a character's belly, for use with specific animations. That's great for music videos, but it is lame for STORY creation. And Story is KING, per pixar.

This topic is closed for new posts.