back to article LinkedIn dumped by biggest sugar daddy

Professional networking firm LinkedIn has upped its follow-on share sale from 8 million shares to 8.75 million in a bid to raise around $92.3m for the company coffers. At the start of the month, the web firm said it was selling more shares to increase its capital and its public float. Yesterday, LinkedIn said it had priced …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LarsG

THEY DON'T PRODUCE ANYTHING.....

I'd rather invest in something that is tangible than a dot.com. Who says it is worth that much anyway.

2. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Happy

Crystal gazing anyone?

Given the current VC climate it's a safe bet that they would not be pulling their money out if they thought that the stock would continue to increase in value.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pump and dump

4. Dave 32
    Mushroom

Produce

Sure, they produce something....SPAM! I keep getting spammed with Linked-In requests. The sooner this outfit goes belly up, the better for all of our e-mail boxes. :-(

Dave

5. John Tserkezis
    Unhappy

Funny that.

I created a LinkedIn account about a month or two back, because I received three requests to do so from known friends in the space of a week. So I did.

Come several weeks later, after a dozens of requests to become their f**ing friends from people I don't know, spam from other members who have nothing else to do than flog off their crap to anyone who'll listen, and constant spam^H^H^H^Hreminders from LinkedIn that I didn't fill in every little pointless field in my profile - I'm out.

I would have liked to say that at least it wasn't Twitter or Facebook. But now I'm not so sure.

I feel so dirty.

6. iRadiate

They don't produce anything ?

They don't produce anything physical but they do produce opportunities.

I've had 2 HR managers contact me this year asking whether I'd be interested in vacancies they had. I'm not looking for a new job but tells me that the skills I have on my profile are sought after by companies other than my current employer and in the current economic climate that's reassuring. The trick is to not treat linkedin like facebook. You want quality contacts not quantity.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like