back to article TalkTalk bleeds punters, revenue in Q2

TalkTalk lost 43,000 subscribers during its second quarter as punters disconnected from the telco - which has been hampered by its poor customer service record. The company, which in August was slapped with a huge £3m fine by watchdog Ofcom for failing to clean up its billing systems, reported second quarter revenue of £421m …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. HP Cynic

Decent price but customer service is indeed terrible: after posting updates at least three times to my complaints about my connection dropping out once or twice a night they seemed to give up replying.

Each of their replies had been the same: please fill out the following template of questions.

I'd fill out the template, add some comments and further information and get back the same mail.

I got the distinct impression nobody was reading my replies.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

"200,000 customers who have cut off their access to around one million sites"

Wow, that works out to a MASSIVE errrr, 5 sites each.

1. Camilla Smythe
      FAIL

Apparently

They paid 'tens of millions' to install it as well. Call that £20 million and install cost per user would be £100. No idea what the loss in bandwidth/data costs to website owners has been by having Dorfman wave his big network stick at their sites doing replay attacks.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

And Huawei have just bought out Symantec's share of the joint venture, which may make those wary of the Chinese involvement a little more nervous than they already were.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Makes me worry less.

I find American involvement more scary, just ask Gary McKinnon.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Customer Service... right...

... their "sales" team is a crap as the rest of their company. They phoned me up (on a TPS registered number) the other week. They asked to talk to the "Telephone Account Holder" - so they obviously had NO idea who they were actually phoning. The person at the other end of the line didn't seem to understand that I didn't want their crappy phone service, or their crappy internet service and I eventually had to put the phone down on them when they refused to accept that I wasn't interested.

You can't complain to Talk Talk via their website unless you provide your full name, home address and telephone number (which I guess they can then pass onto their sales team so that they can hassle you some more).

Another part of Talk Talk is still sending threatening letters to my parents telling them that if they don't pay TT some money they will take them to court for non payment of bills.... my parents had actually overpaid on their account and so TT own them money, but that doesn't seem to have registered with TT.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Something to hide?

"We are pleased that we are delivering a better experience for our customers, demonstrated by the continuing reduction in calls into our contact centres and a significant increase in the number of customers' queries being resolved first time,"

If you resolve more queries on the first call of course you will have fewer calls. Instead of two 1 minute calls, you have one 2 minute call - and rosy metrics to feed the gullible shareholders! The most sensible metric would be number of unique customers calling, which they will know, so why not disclose it?

"The company is investing heavily in YouView - a next-generation set-top box jointly owned by Blighty's terrestrial broadcasters." ... but which BT seem to have given up on going by their BT Vision+ advertising.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Virgin Media are just as bad

Just to keep some semblance of balance.

If any el-reg reader knows how to get Virgin to stop sending me letters addressed to 'The Occupier' I would be greatful. They seem to know that I'm just about the only person in my street not on their service yet they have to send 'Get your free Tivo Now' stuff to the Occupier to get round the MPS rules.

I've even tried sending three months worth of their crap back to them in an unstamped package yet it still comes two or three items a week.

I have FTTC. The Cabinet in question ir right outside my front gate. 40Mbits down 2.5up. Why would I want anything else especially when mext door are lucky to get 5Mbit down during the evening on theor supposedly 30Mbit service.

Anon. I don't want even more stuff from them.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

They put stuff through my door about once a month telling me about the benefits of cable... even though I can't get cable.

6. Nathan 13
    FAIL

Talk Talk

Second only to 3 in abysmal service.

7. Bluenose

No demand for FTTC or FTTH

The lack of demand couldn't be down the fact that the FTTC and FTTH are only available in a very small part of the country and those of us who live outside (in my case just outside by about 3 miles) a major town can only dream of such luxuries.

I would love FTTC and the promise of a decent bandwidth to replace my current 3mbps. The idea of HD streamed movies is something that I really want. The ability to allow my kids to watch one streamed movie whilst the wife and I watch something else would be heaven. My chances of every having it without moving, well the kids will have moved out and I'll be blind due to being over a 100.

8. Richard Rae
    Go

Let me paraphrase....

"We are pleased that we are delivering a better experience for our customers, demonstrated by the continuing reduction in calls into our contact centres and a significant increase in the number of customers' queries being resolved first time,"

Continued reduction in calls = more people leaving therefore less calls

" significant increase in the number of customers' queries being resolved first time" = improved leaving process

Glad to say that I have never been with them....

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Are they all a bunch of shysters?

TalkTalk actually increased their prices on me BEFORE my first bill! Didn't even think that was possible ..

That's after I switched from Virgin because they increased their prices by 70% over TWO years!

They were charging me £38 a month for broadband and the most basic, hardly-more-than-Freeview, TV .. well, I say TV, I mean of course a storm of extra-loud advertising with short, barely noticable, interludes for shows (how anybody can argue that the license fee is anything other than the bargain of the century ..)

Is there any ISP out there that's actually good?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like