back to article Israeli air raid vs Iran nukes boardgame out in time for Xmas

Speculation regarding a possible Israeli air campaign against Iran's nuclear facilities has been rife for years – a pair of MIT students wrote an analysis on the subject back in 2007, and countless articles have appeared before then and since. Now, however, it's possible to do more than simply talk about such a battle: should …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian Stephenson
    Thumb Down

10/10 for bad taste

Back to Arkham Horror (tm).

2. Silverburn
    Thumb Up

Pfft

Boardgame?

Pah - it'll be the backdrop for MW4, just you watch. And it'll be f*ing brilliant.

1. Emilio Desalvo

NOT that kind of tactical...

I am still playing with Harpoon CE, yesterday I sunk half the Soviet fleet...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Mushroom

Only Half??

You are not very good at it then.

Mind you, I have been playing Harpoon since it came out on the Amiga last century!!!!!

Later updates do include Israel and various arabic countries duking it out with nukes on the menu.

A Nuke.. natch!

3. Naughtyhorse

permission to overfly...

international opinion....

israel???

???

so not very realisic then.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

But...

You only get permission to overfly if you roll a six.

Ahhhh - I see your point, it's much harder to roll a six than get some UN nut job to support you for thirty pieces of silver.

2. The BigYin

Exactly

And why would Israel even have to do it - they'll just get the Yanks to blow Iran to hell.

4. Ian Ferguson
    Thumb Down

Distasteful

I can't stand this constant egging on of Israel v Iran. They're not at war and don't need to be.

It's just like a group of schoolchildren standing round two of their unwilling number chanting 'Fight! Fight! Fight!', but with real and potentially horrendous impact on millions of innocent people.

War is not cool.

5. Obscura
    Mushroom

Order early for Christmas

Currently available via your favourite on-line tat auction site for $44.99 plus $29.71 shipping from the good old US of A. Listed as "CLASH OF ARMS PERSIAN INCURSION" If anyone is interested, then it may be worth ordering early for Christmas, Hanukkah, etc in case there are postal delays caused by the outbreak of any nuclear wars.

6. Emilio Desalvo
    Pint

Based on Harpoon 4?

I will have to check on HarpGamer for a scenario for the computer versions...

7. Alfie
    Mushroom

War Games

Let's play Global Themornuclear War...

8. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Amused to Death

"having moved down the agenda in recent years after the mysterious Stuxnet worm was widely believed to have caused a massive setback to Iran's quest for nuclear weapons"

should be fixed to:

"having stayed down in spite of relentless Israeli/Neocon pressure after no credible evidence ever surfaced that Iran's quest for nuclear weapons wasn't indeed abandoned in 2003"

But in the cockpit's techno glow

Behind the Ray Ban shine

The kid from Cleveland

In the comfort of routine

Scans his dials and smiles

Secure in the beauty of military life

There is no right, no wrong

Only tin cans and cordite and white cliffs

And blue skies and flight... flight... flight

1. Arnold Lieberman
      Stop

Trust you

Only takes one mention of the I-word (or the associated A-word) to get the venomous hate-mongers boiling over with their petty spiteful rage and fury etc. etc.

So boring.

2. It wasnt me
      Pint

Nice reference

Copied "Amused to death" onto my phone last night. Think ill have a listen now. Cheers !

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The prescient Robocop strikes again

Nukem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmSSVt7Mfkk

10. Anonymous Coward
    Meh

Sigh....

And the world slides towards a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" moment with Iran.....

If we're really going to get clear-headed and all will-to-power about this, let's take out the current Syrian government first and THEN go on to Iran. Otherwise Iran is going to use Syria to stir things up/resupply Hezbollah so they can stir things up.

At least that way we will save a tens or hundreds of thousands of Syrians from torture along the way and head off most of a general war in the ME.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like