back to article Slapped: Oz TV show spikes Dutch torrent site

Netherlands-based BitTorrent site Diwana.org is no more, reportedly following action from Australian copyright attack dog AFACT. According to TV Tonight, the freetard host was smacked down after Australian production company Matchbox Pictures (acquired earlier this year by NBC) found it to be the parent of another unauthorised …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Waste of Bandwidth

The slap, crap TV for the mindless masses. How anyone can bear to watch it through without their brain atrophying is beyond me. I reckon it would have been much better if a AK47 wielding terrorist had wiped out the complete BBQ in the first 5 minutes.

I would think this is actually a publicity stunt to try and get people to watch the mindless drivel.

1. Goat Jam

Wow, that sounds bad

Must grab a torrent and see how bad it is for myself.

2. JimC

> How anyone can bear to watch it through without their brain atrophying is beyond me.

In which case you should be celebrating its takedown as a service to humanity...

2. Wombling_Free
    Unhappy

AFACT = AFAIL

Um.... does AFACT not release you CAN get it online for free? From the ABC itself?

Austfailia - Making Americans Look Clever since 1788™℗©®☠☢☣

3. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

'Diwana pitched itself as “hunting out the best Australian and New Zealand TV"'

Best? That'd take about 30 seconds.

1. GrumpyOldBloke

Best of NZ and AUS TV

From New Zealand: Seven Periods with Mr Gormsby and Leigh Harts Mysterious Planet

From Australia: Newstopia (SBS), Sideshow (ABC) and some of The Gruen Transfer (ABC).

Yep, about 30 seconds.

4. Winkypop Silver badge
    Flame

The slap, wild boys, etc

LOL

Puerile, made for TV, shite.

They should be glad that SOMEONE is watching it.

PS: How long until we get on-screen, scrolling adverts, during the show? We already have them for station promos...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's True

There IS a mindset in the Australian art scene that you have to painfully focus on and draw out every artistic device to PROVE you know about it!

Subtlety is a lesson the Australian production scene still have to learn. Something is powerful if employed but goes unnoticed to all but the most experienced observer.

Which is why very few shows coming out of Australia are any good. But there is the odd exception. The Slap isn't one of them.

6. s. pam Silver badge
    Facepalm

There first has to be any Aussie TV worth watching

What a clueless bunch of fuckers they have loose in the general population in Oz. There is almost no local TV production to speak of, the TV is full of US programming and little to Sweet F.A. Aussie content.

The only shows worth watching are Border Security and Underbelly. The rest of them are complete anal fluff at best, and vomit-inducing puerile garbage at best.

7. Reality Dysfunction
    Stop

I also thought I would see if it was as bad as people say.... it was worse.

Avoid at all costs.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What amazes me is that people will moan that shows like this are tedious crap and then happily sit through hours of Corrie and Eastenders every week.

9. Chad H.
    Joke

Oh how I remember Today Tonight.

Coming up on today tonight the fat dole bludging dodgy builders trying to steal our fat kids, and the new all natural wondercream that can stop them...

10. James Gosling

XXXX

I couldn't give a 4X!

11. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

An Australian comedy of manners

And why not?

You should watch it just to pay for the years you spent ogling young Australian women in beachwear on all those soap opera episodes.

But I bet you're going to pretend that you downloaded the book off a naughty Usenet group and it was much better.

Maybe it is.

I conversely have nothing to expiate, so I'm excused.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"The Slap" is gut-wrenching drama at its best!

Have pity on the poor pharmaceutical companies who have seen a dramatic drop in revenue since "The Slap" first went to air in Australia. Constipation sufferers won't pay for expensive laxatives when they can get the shits for free just by watching TV.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Diwana pitched itself as “hunting out the best Australian and New Zealand TV and bringing it to you”

Doomed from the start then. No legal action required.

They could have just had a static page for Gruen and be done with it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like