back to article Boozed-up ball-biting mum spared jail

A woman who admitted biting a hole in her boyfriend's scrotum was spared a stretch in prison by Newcastle Crown Court on Friday. The ball-puncturing biter, Maria Topp, a 44-year-old from Wrekenton, Gateshead, was instead handed a suspended jail term and ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work. She had pleaded guilty to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In a word...

ouch!

2. Daniel Buckley
    WTF?

Hmm..

I can't help but wonder what judgement would be given if he, in a boozed up state, had ripped off one of her breasts or done some other disfiguring injury.

Something's not right here.

I may be missing some of the facts of course....

1. Steven Roper

You're not missing any facts

It's called feminism* and its all about all women being innocent of any wrongdoing and thus getting away with murder, with all men being criminals for being born with a penis and thus lose their jobs for merely looking at a woman the wrong way. Been pretty much the legal and social standard for about the last 3 decades, actually.

(*Note: feminism != female)

3. Arnold Lieberman
    Joke

May I be the first to say

That girl's got some balls!

And I should imagine not much chance finding another victim/boyfriend after this.

4. Captain Underpants
    Trollface

Yeesh. I've heard of piercings but that's ridiculous!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Misandry

Female on male assault is always hilarious isn't it? Especially if it involves male genitalia. Grow up - would you be giving the story this tone of coverage if a drunk man had bitten and damaged his girlfriend's labia?

1. JC 2

@ Misandry

Better comparison would be a drunk man tried to bite out an ovary or nipple... and yes I do think that would make the lolnews cut.

2. alwarming
      Paris Hilton

I don't find it particularly hilarious. But I see the point you are trying to make. My take on it: M2F is too frequent (& too easy, due to physical differences) to be funny. And the "society" looks down upon it - to discourage the next fella. That collective opinion is reflected in the sentences handed out the males as well. Whereas F2M assaults are rare, usually triggered due to some rare event like cheating (or err... extreme lethargy). Most F2M perpetrators don't have a history of violence.. but M2F usually do. I am not trying to justify the weaker sentencing... just trying to explain the current skew in sentencing these cases. (To a certain extent I agree with the "collective opinion" as it stems from the collective will to protect the weak & vulnerable; but are they sentences unfairly tilted ? Perhaps they are. Is this unbalance justified ? I don't know).

(PS: in this case - I have no idea what was the trigger - apart from drinking but I don't think this woman had a history of violence or will repeat her behaviour).

Paris coz she can, well, bite me!

1. bobbles31

Lady justice wears a blindfold for a reason. Unfortunately in this emotionally charged media fuelled society it seems to have slipped a bit and she has started taking a sneeky peek at things that she shouldn't.

6. MrNo
    FAIL

I thought elReg is (was) an IT news web site.

How long has it sunk to report this kind of news, one has to wonder.

1. Benedict

I know! You should really cancel your subscription.

1. MrNo
        Holmes

Would love to, do you want to help me out

1. Blofeld's Cat
          Joke

Certainly...

... which way did you come in.

Eric Morecambe circa 1976

2. Steve Evans

@MrNo

Well I don't know about you MrNo, but I for one am very grateful to El Reg for notifying us males about this woman!

If you want to risk bumping into her, then that's your proclivity, personally I'm glad to now know enough to keep a very safe distance away!

7. Chris Miller

Kurt Vonnegut

included a verse on this topic in 'Slaughterhouse 5'.

8. TSpoonEars
    Coat

The judge didn't need to sentence her

She'd already had a right bollocking! Or a left one, who knows...

9. Dave 126 Silver badge

can't remember topic in Slaughterhouse 5

But I think it was Vonnegut's 'Timequake' in which a man's plums are whacked with a stick. To which he responds- well, I won't tell you as it would ruin the joke.

10. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

HOW?!

OK, how did this happen? Did she just run up to him, knock him down, pull down his pants, and commence to chowing down?

OR - Did she trick him? "Yes honey, let's have make up sex" - and then attack?

If the latter, I'd suggest that indicates premeditation, and she should be in prison for assault.

Like many other posters: Equal rights my ass. Reverse the roles and see what would happen.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oouch !

She sounds like a ball-biting-bitch. Slammer time might have done her some good?

12. Arctic fox
    Holmes

"This relationship is over, I think both of you accept that"

When it comes to describing how impressed I am with mighty intellectual capacities of the legal profession, words fail me.

13. GitMeMyShootinIrons

Sounds like a balls-up to me....

Wouldn't meat and two veg be a tastier meal?

14. LarsG

DO HE GET THEM BACK........

OR did she SWALLOW?

15. kain preacher

hold on

Hold on , before you guys go on screaming about sexism think about this ? When cops refuse to enforce a restraining orders.

"TACOMA, Wash. – Friends of a woman stabbed to death over the weekend say the system failed after her request for a protection order against her ex-boyfriend was denied. Now, that man is charged with her murder."

I can find tons of head lines like that. Point is you have judges that are twats. They think a domestic disputes are private issue .

Read this one .

New Jersey Judge Rules Islamic Sharia Law Trumps U.S. Law

http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2010/08/07/new-jersey-judge-rules-islamic-sharia-law-trumps-u-s-law/

16. Stevie
    IT Angle

Bah!

Reporting this story here is nuts.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like