back to article Yelp update ridicules Republican (ex)-hopeful Rick Perry

Yelp has released an update for its iPhone app, and in doing so snuck in a not-too-subtle dig at Republican presidential hopeful Rick Perry. For Reg readers either outside the US or living in a cave stateside, Perry uttered an epic FAIL at a Wednesday night debate, forgetting the third US government agency that he planned to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ratfox
    FAIL

Easy to understand

Merkins Republicans are desperate to find a candidate — any candidate — that is not Mitt Romney. So they acclaim every newcomer, put them in front of the polls, then realize it is an even worse evil, and let them disappear.

So far they have done this with Michelle Bachmann, Donald Trump, Rick Perry and now Hermann Cain.

AND everybody knows the whole circus is useless since Obama will get reelected.

1. Ammaross Danan
      Coat

Perry brain-fart it seems

Perry brain-fart it seems. People have them. Unfortunately, his was televised. Shame the democrats aren't errecting another candidate to get the "not Obama" votes....

1. Naughtyhorse

brain fart?

That presupposes the presence of a brain

Prospective Republican Candidate indicates the absence of said organ.

<what did i say nancy? - read my lips! no more taxes - fellow astronauts we live in a universe that is almost infinite> i'd include some of the more recent bush jr & palin space-between-the-ears-farts but apparently this post is limited to 65000 odd characters so there is just not enough room.

2. Entropiated
    Mushroom

Somebody hide the football

Can you imagine this man being in charge of the nukes? Might as well just hand it over to Skynet and get it over with...

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge
      Devil

And your point is

How is this worse than a person with dementia in control of them during the cold war when the nuclear powers were "officially" in trigger happy mode?

1. Naughtyhorse

Almost makes you want to believe in their god - uses poor memory as an excuse to avoid testifying\going to jail in iran-contras - 5 yeas later is dribbling into his soup, unable to remember his own name!

Gotcha!

2. Cunningly Linguistic
        Mushroom

The US wasn't a fascist state then, it was trying to be one, but bin Laden was on our side then and hadn't started in the demolition biz.

3. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

He was a Republican too.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As Democrat I thought Obama was going to lose . But god damn, It's like cast calling for the village idiot .

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

As Democrat I thought Obama was going to lose . But god damn, It's like casting call for the village idiot.

And there are a number of villages looking for their idiot... Texas has two, Wisconsin just has one, Massachusetts has another one, then wherever Newtie and Hermie are from... Who am I forgetting? Oh, Huntsman from Utah, although maybe he doesn't quite qualify for the village idiot title... Doesn't matter, I won't be voting for any of them...

4. Steve Evans

History of alcohol problems, short attention span, makes US politics a laughing stock...

There's nothing that'll stop him winning is there.

If history teaches us anything, he'll go for two terms.

5. Graham Marsden
    Devil

All this just goes to prove the old adage...

... that people get the leadership they deserve.

1. whbjr
      Facepalm

Again and again and again

Graham: As a registered voter in Texas, I'm forced to agree with you. We seem to have gone bat-sh*t crazy at three (!) gubernatorial elections... My only hope is that the rest of the country sends Mr. Perry back to Texas, where we'll either reject him or put up with him. But please please please don't make him the leader of the country and our representative to the rest of the globe.

(Boy, this was supposed to be humorous, but then I started crying in my beer...)

6. johnwerneken
    Alert

You Go Perry!

So What. First, Perry is fair game, he's clearly crazy...after all, he's running for US President, and no sane person would have anything to do with voters in a country with universal adult suffrage and direct democracy (ideas from HELL).

Second, US politics went to HELL when TV came in, and no doubt is stuck there until TV goes, which hopefully I will live to see. Perry may have “good hair” for TV but he can’t do it.

Third, Perry makes sense, does as he says, and has done so with success on things that really matter, like education. So he’s OK in the brain, honesty, and skill department, leaving whether one approves of his goals, certainly a reasonable area for us to differ with each other. Unlike Abortion, Immigration, or Global Warming, real people care about education. (The nouns capitalized or not, as education is a real issue and the others, group identity mythological creatures).

Fourth, you could eliminate countless Federal agencies, and their functions as well, to the net benefit of all. The things worth doing number no more than five, altogether. I bet Perry could name all of those! Security; stable money; stable law; some help with infrastructure; some sort of safety net. That’s it. Like Washington had it: War; Treasury; Attorney General; Secretary of State. The once-in-a-while direct investments in infrastructure, Congress can approve, an office charged with causing more is more trouble than it is worth. Likewise with vouchers for the less well off so they can live indoors, eat, and be clothed, treated for illness, and educated as a rich country should afford all humans in its jurisdiction.

So I don’t give a rodent’s behind which or how many departments and functions Mr. Perry or anybody else says they will abolish, because for the most part, they all should be. And if any of the four necessary ones were decimated or abolished, the State itself would cease to exist before the decimation or abolition were accomplished.

This is more like using the toilet than it is like rocket science, it’s pretty obvious stuff. Oh I forget. We don’t teach Latin nowadays, so human beings evidently feel excused from demonstrating any of what Homo sapiens is supposed to mean.

1. 42
      Coat

Aha

This is obviously a strange new use of the word "sense" I have not prviously encountered,

The last thing the world needs is another texan nutjob as US president. Still going by the current collection of hair brained loonies the Reps hav eno chnace at all.

Thank goodness.

1. LateNightLarry
        Coffee/keyboard

Too bad I can' post a cartoon, so I'l just have to ask you to picture this...

Dubya sprawled in an overstuffed easy chair on his Texas ranch, watch Rick Perry make a fool of himself (again) on his 72" wide screen idiot box... Dubya says, "What an idiot."

My comment to that... "Pot, meet kettle".

Escape key because we need a way to stop all the RepubliCON dolts from further embarassing themselves and our country on worldwide TV.

7. Winkypop Silver badge
    WTF?

American republican candidates

Best stand-up comedy routines ever.

What?

You mean they are trying to be serious...

8. Big-nosed Pengie
    Headmaster

"...and in doing so sneaked in..."

I fixed that for you.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like