back to article Logitech Wireless Touchpad

Most Wintel laptops now support a limited range of multi-touch gestures on their trackpads, such as the two-finger swipe to scroll up or down through long documents and web pages. However, Logitech’s new Wireless Touchpad is the first device that I’ve come across that attempts to offer PC users the same range of multi-touch …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Those corners look decidedly rounded

Get one before the patent lawyers ban it!

2. Bassey

Alternatives

I got something similar to this several years ago in the hope it would sort out my RSI from years of mouse useage - particularly the scroll-wheel which is a real killer for me. Whilst I found the touch pad easy to use and the scrolling was fine the motions were too similar to operating a scroll-wheel so the RSI reared its ugly head again.

Now been using a Kensington Expert Mouse trackball that has staved off RSI for 3 or 4 years.

3. Voland's right hand Silver badge
    Devil

Is the problem with the touchpad or with the OS?

Have you tried the same under let's say the latest ubuntu (IIRC it supports multitouch). It may be the case with the pinch-to-zoom erratic performance is not down to Logitech after all...

4. Dick Emery

I'd love to see a version that works with Android so I can touchy feely from my bed (with touchpad resting on chest) with my tablet hovering above me (I built a custom holder just for that and use it to watch movies).

5. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Logitech - why U no use Bluetooth!?

Once again: make me have a dongle hanging off my computer rather than the built-in hardware. Don't let me use this on my phone, or my N800, or my various tablets which don't have USB host. Thanks, Logitech.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Middle Click

ARRGH! Why don't people understand the wheel is a button too. I want a device like this that does middle clicks when tapped with multiple fingers.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like