back to article Sperm donors nicer than average, Swede study finds

Swedish sperm donors are more stable and mature and have better social skills than the country's manhood at large, researchers have found. Researchers at Linköping University studied 115 men at seven fertility clinics between 2005 and 2008, comparing them with a control group of sperm bank non-depositers. Donors who agreed to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JeffyPooh
    Joke

"Just aim your emission into this cup." ...

... She carefully placed the little cup on an upper shelf, and left the room.

Crikey, I needed six attempts over two hours before I finally managed to hit that damn cup on the upper shelf. I was exhausted!

During the subsequent discussion, we determined that I had misinterpreted her instructions. You're apparently supposed to take the little cup down from the shelf and hold it a lot closer.

For some reason, they won't allow me back.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Scandinavians do get paid

You get paid for sperm donations in Denmark, only the Swedes might be nice, the rest of us are assholes.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

and...

obviously too tight to buy their own spangle mags.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There would be more donors here in the UK

(and egg donors as well, for which there is a desperate need) if the absurdity of UK law didnt leave them with the threat of being liable as the biological parent for the costs of raising the child, should the recipient take the issue (sorry!) to court. There are other similar problems as well which is why quite a lot of donations are now imported simply as in other countries their anonimity is legally protected.

It doesn't mean we're less nice, just that we have to watch our backs more.

1. DanceMan
      Paris Hilton

"why quite a lot of donations are now imported"

Increase in blond children noted............................

Paris, speaking of blondes.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sperm donors nicer than average.......

Perhaps so but I still wouldn't want to shake his hand.

"No dear I'm actually doing something altruistic for the good of the people. Why is Baywatch on? err . . . "

6. duncan campbell
    Gimp

Clearly surveys of this sort do not distinguish altruism and egotism.

People not made from desire are a bit like salt with no food, or something

like that...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Altruism vs Vigilantism

Sure its altruistic if you go through the all the approved organisations,

but what about the poor misunderstood guys going around trying to donate sperm or provide fertility assistance as anonymous private citizens...

Who WAS that masked man ??

Anon - just because -

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like