back to article Latest Call of Duty day-one sales hit $400m

Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has rung up sales totalling $400m (£250m) during the game's first day on sale. Kerching. MW3 arrived in the shops on Tuesday, and after 24 hours on sale, 6.5m copies had been sold in the UK and North America. EA's Battlefield 3 took a week to reach 5m units. EA and Activision have …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Spearchucker Jones

Not surprising.

While actual game-play in both is excellent, BF3 is pretty mediocre when compared with MW3. In MW3 you can exist a game from both the lobby and in-game. BF3 you can only bail in-game.

Game matchmaking in MW3 is the fastest I've seen (includes not just BF3 but also GoW and Halo).

1. Citizen Kaned

any normal techie knows just to close the window... not rocket science.... or are you on console?

and you cant class a whole game down to lobby.. but then again no real FPS player plays on console. i will stick with superb gfx and 64 players thanks :)

i have to say i dont like battelog - seems like a faff to me

2. Wize

But...

...are Asda and Tesco selling it cheap yet?

1. Greg J Preece

Doesn't matter - they never want to sell the bloody PC version anyway. On console it would just be a waste.

What I've seen of BF3 actually quite interests me, and I didn't think it would. I might give it a shot when it comes down in price a bit.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

BF3 is going nowhere near my machine until EA get rid of that piece of crappy spyware you have to install with it.

2. mt1

ASDA are selling the pc version for £29.99 instore

3. jai

anti-climax

so after all the hype and the anticipation of the BF vs MW face-off, turns out there wasn't any competiton at all and it was a walkover

4. Andy Fletcher

Compensate?

You mean Activision charged me £40 as a way of punishing me for not buying World of Warcraft? Damn.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: Compensate?

No, Activision charged you 29.99 for not buying WoW and 10.01 for not buying at ASDA.

5. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Happy

$400m!!!

Dammit, don't these people know there's a RECESSION on!!!

/Sun mode off

6. Silverburn

Multiplayer

Wait for the complaints about network performance in multiplayer; that'll be along next.

Hopefully they learned something from Black-ops. I basically stopped playing, it was so bad.

1. B4PJS

BLOps was Infinty Ward.

IW and Activision take it in turns to release COD titles.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like