back to article WebOS developer? 'Grab a slab, while stocks last'

This was the week when HP continued to act erratically and desperately in the marketplace by offering WebOS developers a cheap deal on the final stocks in the channel of its WebOS Touchpad, which you can get "while stocks last". Although why anyone would want a discontinued fondleslab running a soon-to-be-defunct platform is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. GrahamT
    Happy

Re: Brian Cox

On his TV programme, didn't he (or maybe it was someone else) characterise Entropy and the end of the Universe as "Things can only get Worse"

2. Bassey

Re: Brian Cox

It was on "The Infinite Monkey Cage" that he denied all responsibility for the penning of "Things Can Only Get better", fully acknowledged that it contravened the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics and insisted he had written the little known B-Side, "Entropy Will Always Increase" but claimed the Labour party just weren't interested in using it as an election slogan.

3. Wile E. Veteran
    Meh

Ubuntu?

Didn't I read somewhere it was quite possible to install an Ubuntu variant onto the HP fondleslab? Makes a really nice fondleslab if I am remembering correctly.

1. Bruno Girin

The TouchPad is a very nice fondleslab indeed and you can install a minimal version of Ubuntu on it. But that's Ubuntu running within webOS, not on its own. I've been meaning to try it out for several weeks but haven't quite got round to it yet.

4. Paul RND*1000

"offering WebOS developers a cheap deal on the final stocks in the channel of its WebOS Touchpad, which you can get "while stocks last". Although why anyone would want a discontinued fondleslab running a soon-to-be-defunct platform is unclear"

Eh, think I'll pass. If I want to get my kicks developing software on a defunct platform I have a perfectly good ZX Spectrum I can drag out from under the bed. It probably still has more active users than there are Touchpads in existence too.

This topic is closed for new posts.