back to article Angry Birds to hit shop shelves this month

Angry Birds continues on its course toward global domination today when developer Rovio announced the game will be coming to retail later this year. Angry Birds for PC The original Angry Birds is set to take flight on PCs on 25 November and will sell for around a tenner. That'll be followed by Angry Birds Rio sometime before …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jrsofty

This is rather interesting

As I've already seen Angry Birds available for purchase at stores here in Germany. This makes it seem that those are actually bootlegs?

2. Speeder
    WTF?

Indeed

I seem to remember to have seen that you can buy a pc version already in the webshop.

3. bluesxman
    WTF?

A tenner?

Or just install Chrome and play it for free*

*assuming you don't consider letting Google in to be too much of a cost to bear.

4. A. Lewis
    Thumb Up

Although of course you can already play Angry Birds on your PC/Mac. If you're using Chrome, you can download an in-browser version for free.

I wonder if this freebie will disappear once it goes retail?

5. dotdavid
    Paris Hilton

Hmmm

Is there actually anyone who *hasn't* played Angry Birds (that would want to)?

I can't see my mother buying it, even if she could pick it up from the supermarket on her weekly shop. So who exactly are they targeting with a retail release?

Paris because she's not an angry bird.

6. Craig 28

Re:Who are they targetting?

Your mother might not pick it up for *herself* but someone's mother might pick it up as a gift. Remember it's Christmas coming up.

7. silverlion
    Meh

Cheap cover

Wow - I wonder how many minutes they spent making the cover.

Apparently, not a whole lot.

Background; probably supposed to look like a sunrise in light green/marine pastel colors, with cloudlike sides and bottom.

Slap a title and one angry bird on it - done.

I think it deserves better, but maybe that's just me.

8. Jim 15

You don't need Chrome to play A.B. on a PC ...

... you can play it within Google + using any browser (I assume. I use IE9).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like