back to article Az mayor offers Prince Harry beer and pizza in fornication row

The Mayor of Gila Bend, Arizona has offered Prince Harry a pizza supper and a "beer summit" to lay to rest claims that he warned the third in line to the throne off fornicating with the local ladies. However, the proposed booze-up is bound to be interpreted as a cunning ruse designed to render the playboy prince incapable of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous John

I'd have preferred

"comments written by the Daily Mail were not only taken out of context but also, total fabrications."

How can they be both?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"They"...that's the clue...as in, there was more than one comment.

2. Ralthor
    Childcatcher

Hang on a sec...

.... how can comments taken out of context be a total fabrication? Surely they have to have been said in order to have some context? Methinks someone somewhere is telling porkys!

3. James O'Shea

But surely

the girls in Gila Bend look like this <http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3508910592/tt1192628> (no, silly, the one on the right) and there are limits to how far His Royal Skirt-Chaserness will go. He's not a sailor, after all...

4. jake Silver badge

::yawns::

Who the hell cares?

Seriously, does this have ANY affect on anyone reading this? What difference does it make in the great scheme of things?

The entire "British royal family" thingie is an anachronism, and a boondoggle ... I mean, seriously, when was the last time any of 'em did anything useful?

1. A J Stiles

Last example of Royal usefulness

When the Queen told Tony Blair that no, she would not allow him to send **her** army to Iraq.

Oh, wait. That didn't happen, did it?

2. jonathan1
      Happy

Well,

Don't know if your being ironic or not but...

Wills saves people from drowning and other cool helicopter rescue type stuff and Harry is active in the Army.

The Prince's Trust on is helping young people into employment amongst lots of other things.

Plus the whole wedding thing gave us a reprieve from the doom and gloom pumped at us by the media on a minute by minute basis.

Whether you like or loathe them or are in between to say they don't do anything useful is a little bit of a lie.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Personally, i'm fed up with the incompetent, lying thieving scum that run the country.

I want to terminate our failed experiment with democracy, abolish parliament and let HM do the job instead. I think we should have a referendum on this important issue.

It won't ever happen, but I can see the prospect making politicians very, very worried.

1. FreeBrad
          Meh

Round we go again

The 1689 Bill of Rights describes in detail what happened last time. It also pretty much describes what is happening now.

What we actually need is a 100% libertarian constitution with checks and balances that ensure that any new statute complies with the said constitution.

We also need to abolish groups, alliances or other versions of political parties in parliament. Only then will we see a decent future (for the next 400 years or so until function creep sets in and we all go around again).

5. Thomas 4
    Pint

In other news

Local excitement increased amongst the maidenry of Gila Bend when rumour spread about the Prince having a 12-inch.

1. unitron
      Coffee/keyboard

Pizza, that is...

You did mean a 12 inch pizza, right?

1. JakeyC

Re: Pizza, Right?

<Gareth Keenan>

He means his knob.

</Gareth Keenan>

6. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Beer and pizza not enough?

That depends on how much bromide they will add to them...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Jealous, Mour? 2

Some privileged oik gets to roam the world wetting his willy AND gets free pizza, now that is newsworthy.

8. Alfie

British gutter press making things up?

Shurely shome mishtake!

9. HP Cynic

A "complete fabrication" which was also "taken out of context" is something I feel the Daily Mail is actually capable of.

10. Armando 123

Trivium

"Gila Bend, bringing the small Arizona town a rare blast of the international spotlight."

Back in the 70s, the city's politicos (possibly just the mayor) regularly had Gila Bend report temperatures about 5 degrees higher than actual so the weather forecasters nationwide would report "... and the nation's high was 115 in Gila Bend, AZ". (In fahrenheit, of course.) This was all a publicity stunt, and it worked.

11. Msnthrp
    IT Angle

Caution for Harry

Please caution Prince Harry that the men in that area (and sometimes the women) are particularly fond of shooting and are very likely to have a rifle, shotgun, or pistol (sometimes several of each). They are likely to take umbrage to slights quite easily when they perceive they are provoked. I really would hate for someone to cause a truly international incident by shooting Prince Harry because of his attentions to their favored one.

BTW, I spent 6 long weeks there in summer 1965, performing electronic experiments at the Gila Bend Auxiliary Air Force Base out amongst the Saguaro cactus. It gets hot there in the summer time!!! Very hot.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

Is a royal shotgun wedding in the future??

I think grandmother would be very displeased. However, it would be worth to see the press and tabloids try to deal with Prince Harry and Princess Daisy--the former day clerk at the Gila Bend Chevron. :)

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

breaking news

Daily Mail is full of shit? Well, you could knock me down with a feather. By some strange and happy coincidence, I often find the people who read it are shit-heads, so that works out nicely.

14. kain preacher
    Flame

@Msnthrp

But it's a dry heat.

15. Mark 127
    Coat

Size is everything

Be the first time the lad has ever had 12 inches in his hands

16. colind1961

Ardent royalist

Prince Harry fornicate with hillbilly rednecks? He may be too inbred for them, but there's a wealth of debate about that.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fabrication?

Genetically speaking Harry is not in any way shape or form in line to the throne, unless of course Major James Hewitt is?

18. MJI Silver badge

Cannot do reply to post

Harry is definately Charles son - no way anyone else.

Proof - he is basically a young Prince Phillip.

Whenever you see him you see the resemblance to the DOE

19. Yesnomaybe

Hang on!!

"the website reports that the 9th Annual Desert Shrimp Fest was held last weekend"

What's a Desert Shrimp?

This topic is closed for new posts.