back to article Murdoch blames other NI execs for phone-hacking scandal

James Murdoch has once again defended himself against allegations that he knew in 2008 that phone-hacking was more widespread than one "rogue reporter" at the company's now-closed Sunday tabloid News of the World. The News International chairman told MPs today that he was given "sufficient information" at a 30-minute meeting …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. pikey

i am sure

I am sure he knows just as much of what people are doing in the company, as say a minster knows what every civil servant is doing there ministry….

Yea thought not….

1. Oliver 7

I don't need no steenking title

James, Theresa, Theresa, James!

2. Christoph
    Devil

Isn't it amazing ...

... that top executives are paid ludicrously high amounts because their expertise in running the company is vitally necessary - but when something goes wrong they never have the slightest idea of anything that was happening at the company they were paid a fortune to run.

3. Silverburn
    Thumb Down

Classy..

Real classy...

Listen Jimmy boy - you run the place, you take the responsibility when it goes pear shaped, as well when it goes well. That's what the big bucks are for.

So man up, take the hit, resign, and move on. Dad'll see you right whatever happens anyway.

4. Paul E

went for the incompetent defence

He either has to admit he knew and had lied to the committee previously or continue with the 'No one told me and I did not ask' defence. Does imply a lack of managerial competence but better than jail I guess.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Oh, yeah?

Bit like a certain "Know nothing, do nothing" minister of defence some years back during the Nulab fiasco.

5. Eponymous Cowherd
    FAIL

He sounded like he believed what he was saying......

He's the only one on the planet that did.......

6. MrCheese
    Unhappy

Narcissist

Only the truly narcissistic can lie like that

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
      Unhappy

@MrCheese

"Only the truly narcissistic can lie like that"

Oh the benefits of a *really* expensive education and dear ol dad guidance.

7. Arctic fox
    WTF?

Is it possible that his reality disconnect..................

..................is so profound (bordering on the pathological) that he has actually convinced himself of this?

8. Winkypop Silver badge
    FAIL

I know he's lying....

..his lips moved

9. Slabfondler
    FAIL

The only conclusion...

Is that he is a liar or incompetent. Wait that's too dualistic ~I vote for the third option, he's an incompetent liar!

10. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Joke

I'm calling it the "Shaggy" defense

"Wasn't me"

This topic is closed for new posts.