back to article iPhones get multi-sim capabilities

Apple smartphone owners with a jailbroken handset can benefit from a new case that brings dual-Sim capabilities to the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. The Vooma Peel PG920 unlocks and enables two Sim cards. It also includes a back-up battery that'll charge your phone. Jailbroken iPhone users can download the Vooma app, which will …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Arnold Lieberman

Probably just an iPod peel

Basically, a GSM phone that attaches to an iPod to turn it into a 2G phone. This must be the same in order to allow two networks to be active at the same time. Clever.

2. Chris Wilson
    Thumb Down

Rubbish

Can someone explain how this is different to buying a second phone and gluing it onto the back of the iPhone? I take it that you can't use MMS or data on the "second SIM"? Looks like an awful product.

3. Velv
    Boffin

I still don't understand why the networks ankd phone makers don't offer Line2 (even Orange has stopped for new customers).

From a network perspective it should be bringing in free money - just think of all those Corporate accounts who can offer their staff a cheap second number instead of them having a separate personal mobile probably on a different network.

4. LarsG

AND THE POINT IS?

WHAT is the point unless you think it makes you more important, having two phones?

1. DRendar
      Trollface

Err Work phone and personal phone?

Many companies, Mine included demand that you go through your mobile bill and mark off any personal calls so that they can demand reimbursement.

This despite the fact that it maybe takes 30-60 minutes to go through a bill, costing them £10-£20 in wages to reclaim maybe £2-£3 of calls... Ho Hum.

Most people just keep their personal phone as well.

Just because YOU don't have a need for 2 phones, doesn't mean there isn't one.

5. Nick Pettefar

That would be great for me as a Brit-abroad. I am currently using a dual-SIM Samsung C5215i which is very old-fashioned but the choice is limited if you want this facility.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like