back to article BeWeather

BlackBerry Messenger aside, there can’t be many BB apps that Android users have been waiting for. But one such is BeWeather which has just been ported across. I’ll stick my neck out here and say that BeWeather is the most attractive and versatile weather app around. As if that’s not enough, while the full version for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris Miller

It was raining in Salford last week - what were the odds, eh?

2. mrmond

Go Weather - free,accurate and looks just as good with themes,widgets and animated live wallpapers.

Also supports location via GPS in case the town your in isn't in it's database.

3. EddieD

BBC weather

Is very much a curate's egg - possibly because they tend to aggregate large areas and take little account of local oddities. Wunderground tends to be more accurate - certainly for Edinburgh.

4. The Original Ash
    Trollface

I just, like, look out of the window.

Amidoinitrite?

5. Bassey

Was sounding good

Sounded good until "Weather data is ... near enough identical to the BBC’s weather information"

Given that the BBC's weather forecast is complete and utter shite I won't be bothering.

I must admit, despite their being seemingly hundreds of weather apps for Android it is one area I Find disappointing. I'm a hill walker so I'm interested in detailed, accurate weather information but find it very hard to find. Accuweather is brilliant on the web but their Android client is woeful. The best I've found so far is Wetter.com but some of the interface is in English and some in German.

One test I have is looking up the weather for home and work. There is a bloody great range of hills and mountains in between so the weather is usually different in one place to the other - even though there is just 11 miles between them. The BBC always has them as having the same weather.

6. Tom 38

On the ipad I use WeatherPro HD, which has live rainfall radar charts, week-long predictions, temperature, rainfall, pressure, humidity histograms and whatever else you can possibly imagine.

The data comes from MeteoGroup (Press Association division).

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

£2.19?

It's free on GetJar.com. Still don't think it supports multiple locations. The free Samsung widget that comes with the Galaxy S2 is actually pretty bloody good. At least that recognises that I need to see weather for more than one place.

8. Andrew Jones 2
    Go

Been using BeWeather for months.

As accurate as the HTC Sense weather widget and app.

It uses Weather Underground for it's data which like accuweather and pretty much every other weather website going uses the output data from the NCEP GFS data model which updates 4 times a day. The live "now" data comes from your nearest weather station which includes personal weather stations - so for instance in Greenlaw the app defaults to using my personal weather station since it is only a few metres away from my current location :)

As to the poster who suggested it didn't support multiple locations - it does - you simply add each location and you can access the locations via a dedicated widget for each location or by swiping left and right in the app to change to another location.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like