back to article HTC to release first Ice Cream Sandwich updates 'early 2012'

HTC will be bringing Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to four of its handsets early next year in what it described today as "the first wave of HTC phones that will receive upgrades". Up for ICS updates are the Sensation, the Sensation XL, the Sensation XE and the Evo 3D. Three other phones are getting Android 4.0 too - the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh goody

HTC will probably add even more bloatware. (I have a Sensation). I will give this a pass and use a more slimline ICS Release thank you.

2. mfraz

Orange

How long after that will it take for Orange to release the update - shall we say 6 months?

3. nichobe
    Thumb Up

Happy new year!

Sensation-al

4. Ross 12
    Meh

I'll believe it when I see it

I remember going through this with my old HTC Hero. 1.6 was going to be 'real soon now'.. then 2.0 came and went.. 2.1 came along.. and finally there was an update from the ageing 1.5

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As an owner of a 14 month old HTC Desire and having been abandoned on v2.2, I've learned my lesson and will be migrating to a phone manufacturer that doesn't stop supporting the customer as soon as the cheque has cleared.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Er...

HTC released the 2.3 update for the Desire in August!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"HTC released the 2.3 update for the Desire in August!"

A heavily caveated, feature and function stripped down "dev only" version, yes, with the acknowledged chance that you would loose all your data, apps and contacts. who needs that sh!t?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

<quote>A heavily caveated, feature and function stripped down "dev only" version, yes, with the acknowledged chance that you would loose all your data, apps and contacts. who needs that sh!t?</quote>

Well, short of recalling all the Desires to upgrade their internal memory what the fuck else do you expect HTC to do? The Desire simply does not have the capacity to hold 2.3 with Sense UI on top.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

<quote>Well, short of recalling all the Desires to upgrade their internal memory what the **** else do you expect HTC to do? The Desire simply does not have the capacity to hold 2.3 with Sense UI on top.</quote>

Design a flagship phone that will last more than 14 months. I note iPhone 3S' are able to run the latest iOS and still receive patches and updates, over the air. That phone is now 25 months old.

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

If you love the iPhone 3S so much why don't you go live there?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

HTC Desire range?

will we see ICS on the Desire range at all? Not just the S and HD, but the standard Desire too - stuck on 2.2 pretty much since it came out. this is a handset that can easily do something more. I know - because I've also got some ZTE devices that have much lower specs but still play the new Android game well

1. Reality Dysfunction
      Meh

You can chuck on 2.3 on the basic desire but with the reduced space left you'll not be able to get up to much so doesnt seem much point..

Just think how great phones will be when you finally finish your contract

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like