back to article HTC confirms Ice Cream Sandwich tablet for 2012

HTC has confirmed it plans to take another stab at the tablet market in 2012 after officially announcing a new fondleslab with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich early next year. HTC CEO Peter Chou revealed the plan to Reuters, saying the company wants "to see whether we can make ourselves stand out" by creating a slab that isn't …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

I want a pen

I really want a tablet with a stylus. That and not having access to the file system are the main irritations with my iPad. I notice the lack of Flash about once a month, so not enough to care too much about.

The HTC Flyer looked interesting, until I realised that it was on Android 2.3.

So it looks like my upgrade choices are HTC (maybe?), Windows 8 or just go without and get an iPad 3/4. Yes, I know that I can root some Android devices, but I refuse to be arsed to do so. Also I don't call a platform open until it's practical to install the OS myself.

1. Wortel

Stylus

Have a look at the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet.

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Thanks for that

I'd not noticed that in the tablet round-up El Reg ran recently. Also HTC look like they might be chucking one on their next tablet, and there's also the Samsung Galaxy Note to look at.

I'm glad, I thought Apple had killed the stylus. To be fair, most users seem to hate them, so I know I'm in a minority. But I hope a big enough minority to make a market.

I was really used to holding my Windows tablet with stylus in my right hand, so I could swoosh my fingers around for the easy stuff, then precise stuff, or handwriting / drawing with the pen.

Vista and a cheapy processor was still faster at handwriting recognition than the onscreen keboard with my iPad - and I'm a touch typist. Frustrated because 2 finger typing is faster...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like