back to article Australia Network tender shut down

The Australian government has terminated the protracted and controversial tender process for the $AU223 million Australia Network broadcasting contract. The Minister for Broadband,Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy said that the government came to the decision acting on the advice of the Australian …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Big-nosed Pengie
    FAIL

Morons

This should never have been let out to tender.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More like RED HERRING

Quick lets hide behind this as an excuse to hide our complete and total inability to properly run our government.

3. Virag0
    Devil

No to the Murdoch Empire

I am glad this happened. Regardless of the leaks,

Murdoch does not deserve to represent my country given his

endorsement of Right Wing media politics. I do not want such an organisation responsible

for the message that is sent out to Asia and the region. Such affairs require a fit and proper person,

not an all consuming mogul empire looking for more ways to skin a buck.

4. RightPaddock

Cheaper Alternative

Wouldn't it be cheaper to outsource the job of getting important information about Australia and carefully crafted messages through to political, business and military leaders to Julian Assange,

I'm sure they'd take more notice of a Wikileaked cable than some tart blathering away on the telly

5. John Angelico
    Big Brother

Payback time?

Could be an example of a government obsessed with hate media and biased reporting by one organisation. Coincidence that it happens to be News Ltd group? Oink, flap!

This topic is closed for new posts.