back to article Anonymous backs off in clash with Mexican drug cartel

On-again-off-again plans by the Anonymous collective to publish details of the infamous Zetas drug cartel and their associates were finally cancelled over the weekend, following the supposed release of a kidnapped member of the hacktivist collective. A statement from Anonymous Iberoamerica states that the still unnamed member …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Turtle

More lies.

Their story is about as believable as their story regarding the alleged "FBI profile" about themselves that they concocted.

2. jake Silver badge

C'mon, ElReg ...

I grok that you're a RedTop & all that, but this is really not a story. Not a single one of the actors in your scenario can be verified, by anyone.

Next you'll be commantarding on intergalactic DC-10s and volcanoes ...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bad guy

Who are the bad guys here? The hackers who deal in information or the people who have killed over 25000 people? Or are both side on equal footing in level of evilness?

Anonymous Cowards cause i don't want to be beheaded!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why did they back down on posting the names?

Are they doing deals with drug dealers? In bed with the nasty ones now.

Or have they shat themselves worrying they will be the next victim?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Why did they back down?

Because they only enjoy putting other people's lives in danger.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why not -instead of publishing; and therefore keeping your word that it's not published- just send a copy to any organisation with a vested interest? If they have a list at all, that is.

6. Andy Fletcher

Priceless

It's almost as if people can make up any horseshit they like, and on the strength that they publish it on the Internet they get credibility. How I wish I'd thought of it first.

1. Armando 123

As opposed to tv and newspapers in former times? Everything old is new again.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just who believes anything on the net, on the telly, radio, and by god just WHO buys newspapers??? PRINT IS DEAD PEOPLE.

I learned along time ago, humans talk bollox and not to believe anything from anyone, unless i've seen/experienced it with my own eyes!

Works fine for me.

This topic is closed for new posts.