back to article World's smallest mobile phone spotted in UK

The handset held to be the world's smallest is now available in the UK. Made by China's Haier and dubbed the Elegance, the 9.1 x 3.5 x 1.8cm, 64g micro-phone packs in a tri-band GSM cellular link, an FM radio and an MP3 player. Haier Elegance micro phone In fact, you'd easily mistake its curvy shiny black casing for a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ian

Head shrinkers

What's the point of that? Are people's heads getting smaller? Is this distance from ear to mouth reducing through evolution, or is it targetted at kids?

2. Christian Digby-Firth

Title Is "smallest mobile" too big a claim?

"Smallest" seems to refer to frontal area only. My Nokia measures some 10.5 x 4.3 x 1.1cm (thick) for a volume of 49.6 cu cm. That means even less pocket-strain than the Elegance at 57.3 cu cm. OK, my Nokia is nearly half as heavy again, but the "size" claim here looks somewhat dubious I'd say.

3. gez

Nah, it ain't...the Xun Chi 138 is still far smaller

Old, old news, this...got MP3, camera etc., too...

http://www.itechnews.net/2006/09/24/ultra-mini-mobile-phone/

http://www.itechnews.net/2006/12/13/worlds-smallest-phone-xun-chi-138-reviewed/

Though i did see a bluetooth headset-sized one a while back...(sorry, dont know name, or have link) I don't know if it was real or not; or available in the UK.

Still, can anyone better this...? Brain implant, maybe...?

"Remotely controlled humans, here we come...!" (Courtesy of ROTM (TM), a division of BOFH, Inc.)

4. gez

Infinitely dodgy dogy comedy Reg headline conumdrum

How many situations can you get with the following:

A very small camera phone

Some hungry, mockney Koreans.

A nocturnal, semi-deserted car park, much like that infamous one near Hampstead Heath, but for this challenge a much more appropriate location between Plaistow & Dagenham (or at least, on the District Line).

Some dogs

A plod

Bonus points if you can add the following quote:

"(Pause)...I'll get me coat".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like